CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@madhu27 • 25 May, 2013
I am keen in knowing physical meaning of poles and zeros. physical meaning in the sense what does poles and zeros mean in real world....
@Abhishek Rawal • 25 May, 2013
madhu27
I am keen in knowing physical meaning of poles and zeros. physical meaning in the sense what does poles and zeros mean in real world....
An awesome link found. This might solve your query : https://www.edn.com/electronics-blog...4/The-significance-of-poles-and-zeros-4371304
@madhu27 • 26 May, 2013 That's fine...but i mean in general...what does the mathematical concept of pole and zero mean physically?
such as-order of a system refers to the number of storage elements...
@mifo • 28 May, 2013 • 1 like In case of voltage transfer function
Poles are the frequencies at which the output voltage is infinite and Zeroes are those at which the output voltage is zero when a unit impulse is applied.
( the above argument will not hold if the system is devoid of energy storing elements).
9.5k views

Related Posts

@Jason Estibeiro · Mar 5, 2014

There are many movies which have shown robots that can walk, talk and behave like a human being. Well, meet Charlie, a robot designed by Rajiv Khosla, an Indian Institute...
19.6k views

@NAVATHE SACHIN · Aug 21, 2012

what is the exact difference between centrifugal clutch and manual clutch and also which one is better to use in vehicles?
5.7k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 16, 2014

WhatsApp has decided to let people disable the double blue ticks - that let the sender know when their message was read. WhatsApp (owned by Facebook) had recently introduced a...
4.5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 18, 2008

The concept of Paperless Office is well known. Do you think the world will be completely paperless by 2050? At least, do you think we'll still be using papers in...
5.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 20, 2013

Was wondering why laptop manufacturers don't offer 4G or 3G connectivity built right into the machine itself. These days, most of the laptops have to rely on external dongles or...
9k views