What is overall transmission efficiency?

what is mean by over all transmission efficiency

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    If the engine output(rotational power) is transmitted to tyre without loss , then it is called 100% transmission efficiency but there will be a huge loss in transmission.The transmission comprises clutch, gearbox,propellor shaft, universal coupling, differential then it goes to rear axle and followed by tyres.

tagging #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    correct me if i am wrong
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    I think the overall efficiency is the ratio of the power available, to the tyres from the differential to the power available at the engine flywheel.

SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    If the engine output(rotational power) is transmitted to tyre without loss , then it is called 100% transmission efficiency
    efficiency can never be 100% according to the 2nd thermodynamics law.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

(Sent by Purushotthama)
Hi, I would like to know if there are any methods that one can use to know whether a C code is parallelizable, and the best way to parallelize it....
The good news just keeps on coming for Windows Phone users. After the launch of the feature packed Windows Phone 8.1 update, Microsoft has announced that it is has been...
M1 Limited, the popular telecommunications and mobile operator company in Singapore, has launched a new enterprise broadband service that offers 10 Gbps Internet speed. The country's national fibre network is...
Alright, it is dead at this moment. As iOS & Android took over Symbian, the development for Symbian was stopped & so its tool were also removed officially. However, Delight...