what is need of 4 to 20miliampear & 0 to 20miliampear

so many controllers output is of 4 to 20 ma whearas some of them has 0 to 20 ma output why

Replies

• arunfbd2012
    arunfbd2012
    the digital signals work on standard 0-5v , so having a 4-20ma and a 250 ohm resistance we can output a 0-5v range from the controllers.
    But if 0-20ma is used, where 0ma for minimum value and if there is a failure in the transmitter wire,say it is grounded then the value read is 0ma again, so to identify this failure Industries now mostly stick to 4-20ma .
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ajay mogle
    so many controllers output is of 4 to 20 ma whearas some of them has 0 to 20 ma output why
    Can you please let me know where you read this ? I mean in datasheet or anywhere else? As I know this 0 might be referred to Input only pin of Controller.
  • arunfbd2012
    arunfbd2012
    visit#-Link-Snipped-#
    You will get a better insight.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Independence Day of India, celebrated on 15 August, is a holiday commemorating India's independence from the British rule and its birth as a sovereign nation on 15 August 1947....
I am a final year mechanical engineering student busy with my design project.My project is about a battery powered screwdriver design.I am busy compiling my final report and i would...
Name:ASHISH ANKIT *Engineering Trade:E&C Location:BANGALORE *Occupation: Student Work Experience: *Hobbies & Interests: Reading novels & circuits. *Aim in life: A good engineer. *I joined CrazyEngineers because: To share my ideas...
Hi....some of the websites are blocked for students in my college, so i want to know is there any other means by which we can access the blocked sites!!
The solution, according to OS X Daily is to navigate to Settings > General > Network > Wi-Fi and tap on your network that shows no reception. Next, tap on...