What is Electron And Quantum Confinement?

hello dear,
can any one please tell me that what is electron confinement and quantum confinement? i google it but not able to understand that in actual what it is? How it works in NANO-MATERIALS?
waiting...

Replies

• zeeshanaayan07
    zeeshanaayan07
    Electron is found in the atom and surrounding around the atom

But I don't know about quantum theory. I think it the rays of light
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    This is one area where we all mistake often
    Quanta are not always light any partile under the sub nano level are quanta They have energy but mass less

#-Link-Snipped-#

This is worth reading to learn a little more on confining a particle
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Electron theory and Quantum Mechanics are completely two different things. Take the example of propogation of light, one part suggests light is a form of pure energy. It doesnt have particles. the other suggests light is made up of packets called quanta. And they propogate through the medium
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Electron and Quantum science are two sides of the coin

This is due to the principle of Duality of light So pls be sure about the stuff you are posting else it may lead to spam

Light is a particle which shows wave like propagation
    Wave%E2%80%93Particle Duality

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now that the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4 has been done and dusted, the Korean smartphone maker is now focusing on their next flagship device. We are already hearing...
Zync, the company that has vowed to bring commercial tablet computers at extremely affordable prices, is here with its all new 10.1 inch tablet called the Zinc Quad. Labeling it...
Mobile OS wars have gone crazy in recent years, where Android and iOS seem to be at the forefront. Many smartphone manufacturers come up with commercials which include mockery of...
Hello friends, Now there is one question that keeps me pondering. What is the difference between a link and a channel in communication system in context to their architecture and...
In my home one mcb tripping with out load after 2 to 3 mins. I switched off all loads. and switched ON the Mcb, but with in 2 to 3...