What is dryness fraction?

sir,
please explain me what is dryness fraction?
I didn't understood that in my class....

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    viratvicky
    sir,

I think dryness fraction of coals is the amount of moisture content present in them.the more the dryness fraction , the lesser will be the power output.
  • arundtelang
    arundtelang
    viratvicky
    sir,
    Two phases of pure substance, liquid and vapour, can exist in equilibrium above a triple point, at a particular pressure and corresponding saturation temperature. For example at 100 degrees celsius, at atmospheric pressure, you can have water, water+vapour or vapour alone existing. The dryness fraction gives a fraction of vapour in vapour+liquid mixture. Ex. dryness fraction of 0.9 means 0.9 kg of vapour in 1 kg of total mixture.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to get some suggestion what should i make in java language as my major project for college training..
Swumanoid, an android which will be used to analyse how people can swim faster & will develop speed enhancing techniques. Once perfected, this bot will be used as a mechanical...
How many compatibility equations of elasticity are independant?
Hi ... buddies... i like to know more about the android apps development..... which languages should i be focussed on to develop android apps ???? could u suggest me some...
i am working on seminar "pistonless pump".if any one have any information let me know.