what is difference between dual core and core 2 duo

hey can any one tell me
what is the difference between dual core and core 2 duo...
and please tell me what is meaning of Tm...what does it indicate??
😕

Replies

• Muffy
    Muffy
    Dual Core and Core2Duo are simillar CPU with 2 processors at the heart. The only difference is that Dual Core cpus have a lesser ammount of L2 cache than the Core2Duo. L2 cache is fast static RAM memory chips built directly into the CPU. L2 is extremely expensive. So Dual Core CPU are much cheaper than Core2Duo, and in certain application the performance is also reduced because of the reduced cache.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Intel Dual Core is the first dual-core CPU from Intel. The Dual core makes use of two cores on a single die i.e it has two chips in one package. It solves the problem of overheating of Intel Pentium D without compromising on the performance.
    Intel Core 2 Duo next gen processors, developed with a new Architecture called Core brand refers to intel32-bitmobile dual core x86 CPUs that derived from the Pentium M branded processors.
    comprised two branches: the Duo and Solo,Intel core2 duo makes it a lot better processor that runs cool.
    Symbol intelâ„¢
    The symbol for trademark.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    However, the core 2 duo is something different, they built it from the bottom up, and it consumes less power and is more efficient than the Pentium Dual-Core.the core 2 duo has more cache, enabling it to process better and quicker, therefore, better for gaming!
    NOTE:-

All Core 2 Duo processors are dual core but not all dual core processors are Core 2 Duo😎
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    thanks for info

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey can any one give me any idea on how to write algorithm for the following c code which is the code for various linked list operations such as insertion...
sigh! When I insert a DVD/CD in my inbuilt drive, it just spilts it out! 😔. The same Disk works awesome in my roomie's computer. I tried to download drivers...
hey the following c code executes properly except case 4.This is the code for polynomial operations using linked list.So can anyone tell me my mistake😔 #include #include #include #include int...
click to view Computer Ads but Old age by Mahesh Dahale
study in abroad Forms section where Student [FONT="]Study[/FONT] at a Foreign Institution give some information about their university programs and where in this section[FONT="][/FONT] will help CEans become familiar with...