What is Bank SWIFT Code?

CEans,

The SWIFT code of a bank is an alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies your financial institution. SWIFT code is also known as BICor Bank Identifier Code.

You do not need to know your bank's SWIFT code unless you are doing international transactions.

I hope you find this information useful.

Update: I've collected some more information on the bank swift code.

The SWIFT code is also known by several other names: SWIFT-BIC, where BIC stands for Business Identifier Code. These codes are defined by the ISO and it's a unique code created for all the financial as well as non-financial organizations. The code is identified by ISO with number 9362.

The modern generation of SWIFT codes are typically of the following format:-

First four letters: Institution Code.
Next Two Letters: Country Code.
Next Two Numbers: Location code.
Next Three Letters Or Digits: These are optional.

You'll typically find the swift code information on your cheque or by simply asking your bank manager. If you have any questions about the SWIFT code, please post your question below.

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    SWIFT stands for- Society for Worldwide International Financial Telecommunication.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    mayurpathak
    Telecommunication
    Ah, good to know we comm guys are involved somehow ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Your transactions are usually quite swift when you have this feature in your account....๐Ÿ˜›
    @Ash: It is good to see that finally there is something for comm guys to do ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yeah, we are chilling now. We've done our contributions to humanity already. Its time we get appreciated ๐Ÿ˜›
  • harywilson
    harywilson
    A SWIFT money transfer is a type of international wire transfer that is an electronic means of moving money from one country to another.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, This is a nice little game I wish to initiate. It's a regular event in all our college's tech fests. It's called How stuff works quiz. Questions will be...
CEans, I'm not a Computer Science engineer and do not have much exposure to highly scalable applications. However I'm interested in knowing the following - 1. Has anyone among us...
Alright, this is purely a pop of my evil brain :twisted: ; but rather an interesting one. I'm thinking of a self wheelieing motorcycle! Probably there are no practical uses...
i am a cse student and want to do paper presentation in digital image processing but i am confused abt it... it ll be nice to have ideas and suggestions...
hi guys....... google downloads the whole of the web thru crawlers.... if i want to download a website to my pc wat software do u think i can use........ do...