CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@NAVATHE SACHIN • 24 May, 2013
what is the abbreviation of java in programming language?
@Kaustubh Katdare • 24 May, 2013
N.SACHIN
what is the abbreviation of java in programming language?
Java is not an abbreviation. It's just a name given to the programming language.
@Whats In Name • 24 May, 2013 There is no full form because it isn't an acronym,although you may find some fictitious ones on internet like "just another virtual accelerator" which is just a fake one!
@Abhishek Rawal • 24 May, 2013 As told by Gosling James,JAVA = Just Another Vague Acronym.
@Abhijit Dey • 24 May, 2013 JAVA was earlier called OAK because of the Oak tree seen from the window of the developers. Later it was renamed to JAVA since the developers loved Coffee and JAVA refers to the coffee beans from the country Java.
@Phenomenal • 15 Jun, 2013 From what I've heard it's is speculated to be derived the names of the people involved in it's creation.
James gosling, Arthur Van hoff, Andy bechtolsheim

Also I read that it's a slang word for "coffee" which is interesting because of the it's logo 😁

Don't know which is the truth,it's controversial.
7.9k views

Related Posts

@Parth Johri · Dec 18, 2011

can ne1 tell me which software is worthy to learn as i m a mechanical engg.......i hv already learn solidworks ......but as now a days learning solid works is like...
11.9k views

@Shabih Abbas Khan · Jun 6, 2015

Hello sir, I'm. Shabih Abbas Khan I've just joint an angeneering college for b.tech in computer science,sir I have some idea of CPP programming which I learnt in intermediate and...
4.6k views

@md mudassir · Jan 23, 2013

can please explain what will happen when petrol is injected in Diesel engine this is my lab viva question what i got
7.3k views

@Guneet Khanuja · Feb 19, 2015

Oliveboard is a new e-learning company founded by Abhishek Patil and Satish Kumar in the year 2012. Oliveboard provides online preparation for students preparing for various competitive exams such as...
3.8k views

@vick5821 · May 25, 2013

DELAY_1: MVI C,0AH LOOP: MVI D,64H LOOP_5: MVI E,0DEH LOOP_6: DCR E JNZ LOOP_6 DCR D JNZ LOOP_5 DCR C JNZ LOOP RET How do I calculate for the total...
13.2k views