What Is An Abbreviation Of JAVA ?

what is the abbreviation of java in programming language?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    N.SACHIN
    what is the abbreviation of java in programming language?
    Java is not an abbreviation. It's just a name given to the programming language.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    There is no full form because it isn't an acronym,although you may find some fictitious ones on internet like "just another virtual accelerator" which is just a fake one!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    As told by Gosling James,JAVA = Just Another Vague Acronym.
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    JAVA was earlier called OAK because of the Oak tree seen from the window of the developers. Later it was renamed to JAVA since the developers loved Coffee and JAVA refers to the coffee beans from the country Java.
  • Phenomenal
    Phenomenal
    From what I've heard it's is speculated to be derived the names of the people involved in it's creation.
    James gosling, Arthur Van hoff, Andy bechtolsheim

Also I read that it's a slang word for "coffee" which is interesting because of the it's logo 😁

Don't know which is the truth,it's controversial.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I had to take my Galaxy Note to the servicing center for the third time today. Reason? The dust accumulated on the Proximity Sensor caused the dim red light to...
​Yamaha Motors India today introduced a new scooter on Indian roads - called Yamaha Ray Z. The price of the scooter starts at Rs. 48555 (ex-showroom, Delhi) and like the...
Hello CEans, Gather here & vote for the CEan you would like to see in the next round.Please don't vote more than one CEan.Multiple votes makes the selection a bit...
Hardly bigger than the tabla, this little guy has a big heart.
After the recent launch of Signature A119Q as a mid-range smartphone, Celkon is adding two budget Android phones to the Signature series, the Celkon Signature One A107 and the Celkon...