what is an A.C. exciter and how it is working, from which source it is supplied?

Q:For power factor improvement in 3-phase induction motor we generally use phase advancer which is mounted on the same shaft of the induction motor.This is a A.C. exciter.My question is what is an A.C. exciter and how it is working,from which source it is supplied?

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    AC exciter can be a capacitor or a capacitor bank, accrding to your needs. It is connected to the supply itself. between the phase and neutral.
    For more information about it, kindly click this link.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone have some idea about GPS (Global positioning System) ?😀
We are facing one serious concern regarding PWHT of weld joints of A335 Grade P11 & P22 piping in very high pressure superheated steam and syn gas service. Due to...
open notepad and type: Set oWMP = CreateObject(”WMPlayer.OCX.7″ ) Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then do For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1 colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject Next ‘...
I am studying recently about the different circuit parameters like Z-parameters, Y parameters, H parameters. But I can't make out how the two port circuits are being made. as for...
Hi everyone, I'm currently doing my heat camera sensor project which will take an image when it detects a heat image. But the problem is, it can't take pictures at...