What is a Valid GATE Score?

"Valid GATE score" - the term is little confusing for students as everyone got a GATE score and think its valid that is why they have score.

There are two things associated with it. One is valid time period and qualifying marks. Both the conditions should be satisfied to apply for admission to that institution.

GATE score are usually valid for two years, for example if you give GATE in 2010 and your marks are above qualifying marks, you are eligible to apply in 2011 for Master of Engineering admissions. But in 2012 your score is considered as invalid.

The next condition is about qualifying marks. Mere getting score does not show that its valid GATE score. Your score is only valid when it is above or equal to the score of qualifying marks. For example, if you have 16 marks and the qualifying marks for that year are mentioned as 25, then your GATE score is not valid.

Another question may rise, for this year I got 16 marks and qualifying score was 25, if next year qualifying marks decreased to 15, does it make my score valid? The simple answer is NO. The results for the same years will be considered for valid and invalid scores.

[Source of the information: inspire n ignite]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many of you will be appearing for GATE 2011. All with high aspirations for doing the M.Tech from a good college. To help others choose better, share your opinions on...
Now candidates appearing for GATE 2011 Online Exam can have a practice session by undergoing a 'mocktest' in the applicable paper. The instructions for downloading the applicable mock test are...
VoiCE covers the device briefly - Droid Bionic Tech Specs | Overview - CrazyEngineers
How do i convert mechanical energy (which is not in regular intervals, downward thrust) to electrical energy? Can anyone suggest me some ideas.
I wish to know what our CEans think about the type of wrist watch is better choice for exams. I preferred analog watches because the the hands would give me...