What is a Shift Register?

hi all

i wanted to know what a shift register is , its functions and its applications

Replies

• sreeraghuma
    sreeraghuma
    Hi
    Shift registers are nothing but a flip flops connected serially,thus they can store bits of data.
    Shift registers are mainly used to shift data and convert information from serial to parallel and vice versa,
    and it can also be used as counters for counting and thus can be used as delay circuit
    for more information check this link hope this will help u:
    Shift Register

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, I have completed my graduation with B.Sc. computer science and i want ot now do Engineering but how can i do this? If anyone know more about it...
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum!😀 and i have one doubt....😁 What is 3phase? and difference between 1phase and 3 phase ? where it being used and its...
What are the difficulties encountered in simulating Dynamic System for e.g D.C Machines with all dynamics included ?
A signal gets continuously acquired in a given memory location say M1 every 50 clock cycles after which there is an interrupt. It is required to differentiate the signal twice...
If a; b are positive real variables whose sum is a constant z, then the minimum value of sqrt((1 + 1/a)(1 + 1/b) )is (A) z-1/z (B) z+ 2/z (C)...