What is a Robot?

If we try to define it, it is something like :

A reprogrammable, multifunctional manipulator designed to move material, parts, tools, or specialized devices through various programmed motions for the performance of a variety of tasks.

A simple form can be:

An automatic device that performs functions normally ascribed to humans or a machine in the form of a human.

OR
Arobot is an automatically guided machine which is able to do tasks on its own.

Replies

• limestone7000
    limestone7000
    i say, it need not be automatic!

there're few mechanical robots, which move around with the help of a human controlling them, electrically (wires, motor, etc.)
    example - a mechanical car robot, got 4 motors, attached to wheels. The running of motor is controlled by the switches and the electric plug, handled by a human. He an turn left/right according to the wish of the human, not automatic!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a beginner in Windows API. I want to add a button to a window. Please share some light on Buttons in Windows API. 😀
What ideas would you recommend for fixing the world's worst ever oil spill - BP Oil Spill? Waiting for ideas. Few of the ideas BP is considering (as far as...
hi every one,i m in urgent need of this one, please if anyone can help me, i will be grateful to you all people,.i need c compiler for 64 bit...
If you have strong determination no one can stop you to achieve what you want? chennai: There were many hurdles on Patricia Narayan's way to become an entrepreneur. She has...
BSNL (& MTNL) haven't been able to do much with early allotment of the 3G spectrum by government. BSNL has asked DoT for a full refund of INR. 10,186.58 crore...