what happens when lower starter is given to higher rating motor vice versa

It might be a simple question but there is a lot confusion for me on this..

If the starter is lower rating than the motor then what will be the result??

Ex: Starter - 20HP and motor 30HP then wat will happen

Vice Versa

i.e. Motor - 20HP and Starter 30HP???????😕

Replies

• vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    lower rating starter of any motor cannot handle current of a higher rating motor but vica-versa it true...
  • ivenkii
    ivenkii
    vibhor_one
    lower rating starter of any motor cannot handle current of a higher rating motor but vica-versa it true...
    then what is the consequences then what will happen to motor or the starter??
  • kanishk soni
    kanishk soni
    it would able to start the motor!
  • ivenkii
    ivenkii
    As per my knowledge i think the starter will trip as the Range of the OLR will be max upto the rating of the lower HP starter where it trips immediately. Please clarify this thing to me...
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    ivenkii
    As per my knowledge i think the starter will trip as the Range of the OLR will be max upto the rating of the lower HP starter where it trips immediately. Please clarify this thing to me...
    It will start stalling which not good for the health of the motor neither will give any reasonable output.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, I have completed my b.tech in 2008 from electrical electronics and joined a panel builder as techno - commercial engineer. Need some help regarding this and please do...
i m a first yr cse student , i m new to paper presentation, i want knw how to do it, plz help me, how to chose topic for that
what is active directory in RIS(Remote installation service) ?
we are to designing an atv. could you help us with getting started? i mean from where to start? the suspension, chasis , differential etc.
Currently I am pursuing my bachelors in Computer Engineering but I've a great interest in the management field ie. I want to become an entrepreneur in future. So the thing...