What do you think about TRAI decision to compensate users for call drops?

TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) has asked telecom operators to compensate the users with one rupee per dropped call. TRAI is taking steps to push the telecom operators to address the issue of call drops. There are few finer points to note -
  • TRAI has set a limit of three dropped calls per day for the compensation
  • Telecom operators will have to send confirmation message to the user within 4 hours.
  • Post-paid customers will get the amount adjusted in their monthly bill
Do you think this is a good move by TRAI? As far as I understand, the issue is with the number of towers telcos were able to put on prominent places within crowded areas.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im an IT engineer studying in final year Got campus placement in 3 companies-Infy,CTS and Capsgemini
I have seen people sending messages to multiple groups at the same time on facebook along with multiple pics. I want to know which is a good software for the...
Best suited for use in a variety of business verticals, the all new 20 inch Panasonic Toughpad FZ-Y1 has officially arrived in India. Panasonic's signature brand 'Toughpad' has been a...
Rohan Murthy has funded the Robo-AO KP project, world's only fully robotic adaptive optics system; being developed by Caltech (USA) and IUCAA (Pune, India). Murthy's set aside $1 million to...
The sedan that single-handedly swooped the sales of its best competitors, the 2015 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has now received a new variant with 'Ciaz RS'. The company management feels that...