What do you think about £3,000 UK Visa Bond?

Do you plan to visit or study in the UK? Be ready to throw £3,000 right away to the British Government. By the end of this year - every visitor to UK will have to pay that amount in order to visit the country - only if you belong to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other 'high threat' country; according to British Government.

What's your take?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont know why India is considered as a risk prone country!
    I think this rule is only taken to stop illegal immigrants , since I heard (from friends at UK) that people even after their visa is expired gets to work to earn money!

They want to stop it, but I dont think this is a rite way, they should infact ask the employers to make VISA mandatory!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I was quite shocked to read this news. There have been protests - strong ones from Indians! The UK today said no final decision has been taken on the new cash bond of Rs 2.75 lakh for obtaining British visa, which they intend to run as a pilot scheme.
    The reason behind such a scheme, as per them, is that they want to avoid the "over-staying" of visa applicants.

Sorry for being a novice on the subject, but why is it that some countries (tourist-driven economies) like Singapore have a smooth VISA process and some others don't? When does foreign nationals coming to your country to study starts looking like risk? When they start snatching the jobs away from the localites? Or something else? something more?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Scientists & engineers at Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) have been working on the the Mars Orbiter Mission aka MOM for several months now and it's expected that the 'Mangalyaan'...
After the Indian Government made it compulsory for everyone to install the DTH service at home, we opted for Tata Sky in order to make our lives 'Zingalala'. But it's...
Curious to know whether the $99 console Ouya is available in India. If not, is it expected to hit the Indian marekets anytime soon? I might consider buying one if...
Hello I am working on a web based project where I had implemented a jquery based slider, who values ranges from 0 to 30 million So I had to use...
i am doing m.tech in power electronics and systems and i want to make a solar inverter but i heared research has already been done on this project hence kindly...