What did you do with your engineering textbooks?

Most of us have sold their engineering textbooks. Some of us have donated them to the library or to the poor. Some of us have preserved them for years.

Tell us what have you done with your engineering textbooks and why? If you're a student, tell us what have you done with your previous year/semester's textbooks.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I sold most of my theoretical subject books to the juniors during my diploma days. ๐Ÿ˜
    The ones I still have are about programming that I need to refer once in a while.
    In my Degree course, I never bought any books - I borrowed them from libraries or friends 10 days before the exam and that was it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have most of them. Really dog eared. I also use them almost daily in my work. Occasionally, to reply to some posts in CE!
    My children's bio tech books also get used.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I have preserved my Masters eng textbooks and nhand written notes. i just dont feel like giving them away. I am not sure where my eng textbooks are though. They have be in my parental house.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    GTU's textbooks usually have partial information, so i always used reference books; in which I have worked very hard by marking & sticking notes, so I am not going to give to anyone !!
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    I have all my engineering textbooks and hand-written notes safe. ๐Ÿ˜
    Just can't give it off... ๐Ÿ˜› I have them safely wrapped in plastic sheets ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The question is - what makes you so possessive about your textbooks.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The_Big_K
    The question is - what makes you so possessive about your textbooks.
    I am emotionally atatched to them. They are hardbound cover books and I could have easily left them behind when I travelled back . I paid extra courier charges for those books and notes.
    It just reminds me of all the hardwork what i put in , the learnings I had for 2 yrs. For few subjects like network architecture, i refer back to them.

EDIT: on top of the I loved the professors esp 3 of them. ๐Ÿ˜
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    AbraKaDabra
    I sold most of my theoretical subject books to the juniors during my diploma days. ๐Ÿ˜
    The ones I still have are about programming that I need to refer once in a while.
    In my Degree course, I never bought any books - I borrowed them from libraries or friends 10 days before the exam and that was it.
    the same case with me..
    i buy only question banks which i sell after the exams and i borrow books from library at the start of semester..
    but since last 2 semesters i am keeping my notes because i think that they will help me during my campus..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have few books which I casually refer sometimes , I initially used it for teaching my juniors then for GATE exam then just reading them not to forget what I have learn so passionately!
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I am such a bad reader, despite I highly hate to sell my books. I just like to preserve them because you don't know when you'll need them. From the time I got control of self (otherwise it comes under home ministry a.k.a the great Mom) i.e. since 10th std, I am preserving the books.

I rarely even read them even in free time, but well, I just like to keep them for future sake..๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    i retain most of the books except some of lesser value as some local authored ones reference books are going to decorate my show case till they are proved nought

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TED talks are the most inspiring and interesting talks. Here's a list of all time, most popular TED talks - Sir Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity(2006): 13,409,417 views Jill...
I am a fan of YouTube science videos and today morning I came across a video that discusses, "What happens if Everyone jumps at once?" I know it sounds crazy,...
Ramesh Raskar presents femto-photography, a new type of imaging so fast it visualizes the world one trillion frames per second, so detailed it shows light itself in motion. This technology...
If you are a gadget-freak, you've probably read everything you can about the new Galaxy Note 10.1 by now. If not, you might want to check these articles - https://www.crazyengineers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-wi-fi-model-launched-in-the-us-for-499-2622/...
Team of scientists have discovered a new type of Material that can make a dent in diamond. The material is yet to be named, but scientists believe that it can...