What day is it today?

My friend asked me this one today. Try it:

Tom is walking throughout a forest. He wants to know what day of the week it is. So he stops and asks a lion and a tiger. Now, the lion lies all of the time on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The tiger always lies on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. When Tom asked the lion what day it is, he said "Well, yesterday was one of my lying days." Then Tom turns to the tiger and asks what day it is and the tiger replies, "Yesterday was also one of my lying days." What day is it?

Explain your answer😀

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Re: HR asked problem... Try to solve

Cool answering. When are we going to see those kind of questions?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Please explain the answer.

Ok, I got it.

1st condition: Lion says yesterday was one of my lying day.
    Day should be tuesday, wednesay or thursday.

2nd condition: Tiger says yesterday was also one of my lying day.

Zeroed down to thursday: because thats the only day when tiger is lying "today"
  • makru921
    makru921
    Re: HR asked problem... Try to solve

aj_onduty
    tHE DAY IS THURSDAY. tHE TIGER IS LYING.
    That was quick...😀 Could you explain for everyone please? 😀
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Simple.
    Someone out of the lion and the tiger must be lying as they both gave the same statement. They don't have any lying day which are the same day. The day is not Sunday, as one of them is lying. So, we can zero on on the other days. The Lion said that yesterday was my lying day. Ok, that means that the current day should be Thursday (assuming that he s not lying. If he was lying, then we cannot believe the lion!). Now, the tiger also gives the same answer. We turn suspicious here. Someone is lying. If the tiger is right, then it must be Sunday today. That means the lion is lying. but the lion can't lie on a Sunday. So, as I told above, Sunday is ruled out. If the lion is right, then it must be Thursday. Its now clear that the tiger is lying, so who wants to think about his answers now!

P.S.-Sorry for being late for explaining. I was busy over here.
  • makru921
    makru921
    aj_onduty
    Simple.
    Someone out of the lion and the tiger must be lying as they both gave the same statement. They don't have any lying day which are the same day. The day is not Sunday, as one of them is lying. So, we can zero on on the other days. The Lion said that yesterday was my lying day. Ok, that means that the current day should be Thursday (assuming that he s not lying. If he was lying, then we cannot believe the lion!). Now, the tiger also gives the same answer. We turn suspicious here. Someone is lying. If the tiger is right, then it must be Sunday today. That means the lion is lying. but the lion can't lie on a Sunday. So, as I told above, Sunday is ruled out. If the lion is right, then it must be Thursday. Its now clear that the tiger is lying, so who wants to think about his answers now!
    It was a pretty simple logic question, but this is a very dramatic way of explaining the answer! Well done..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    nice answering aj i got the same question in my personality development class in my college
    but there is a change names are changed

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I read the sites too. Can somebody explain me how e-bay site works ? What i knw till now is, the seller process, 1.register/acct creation 2.registration of the product pics/title/photo...
I'm a final year student of engg. Can u suggest some interesting topics for technical seminar related to information science and engg? wil be waiting for the reply....
Geinimi - the new Android Trojan is infecting android powered handhelds all over the world. If you are and android phone owner, this news might be important to you. Lookout...
Hi guys 😁 This is Mehdi 😉 I'm passing third year of my electrical engineering course... I'm ready to learn more and more and I also wanna share my little...
[FONT="]Open Feed Water Heater (Deaerator)[/FONT] An open feadwater heater , also called direct-contact and deaerating (DA) heater , is one that heats the feedwater by directly mixing it with bled...