1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

What are the keys areas I need to cover to become a Database Developer?

Question asked by Solomon Knii in #Databases on Aug 7, 2018
Solomon Knii
Solomon Knii · Aug 7, 2018
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

I want to major in Database but i'll like to know the necessary areas i have to learn in other to fulfill this dream.

Posted in: #Databases
Radhika Deshpande
Radhika Deshpande · Aug 8, 2018
Rank B2 - LEADER

Well, to become good in databases one should know some general programming like Java or C#. 

Apart from that some basic understanding of SQL is must.

Soft skills are integral part of any system So one should always consider it as the default requirement.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 8, 2018
Rank A1 - PRO

You don't need any specific background in coding to become a database developer. I'd say install MySQL on your computer and start learning the SQL (Structured Query Language). There are plenty of tutorials available on the Internet that teach you SQL.

Download a tool like SequelPro or MySQL Workbench so that you can see the data that your queries return.

That'd be a good start towards becoming a database developer. 

Does this answer your question?

Solomon Knii
Solomon Knii · Aug 8, 2018
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

@Radhika and @Kaustubh, thank you all for your input. I'm most grateful.

I have started my journey on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 with the help of a few tutorials.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 8, 2018
Rank A1 - PRO

Give MySQL a try. You'll love it. 

Akhila Janapati
Akhila Janapati · Dec 20, 2019
Rank D3 - MASTER

well to be good in databases u must know the basics of databases about cursors , procedures and how to create tables for real life and writing commands for that and u should use a good tool for databases because some tools are very flexible and easy whereas some tools are complex to handle.

MUSKAN SHAIKH
MUSKAN SHAIKH · Dec 25, 2019
Rank D3 - MASTER

Now , in industry database developer are very high in demand because  lots of data is generated in a world .So to become a database developer you must know to how to manage a database.SQL is a most common language that is used by database developer. SQL allows a developer to communicate with the database and perform various task.But various companies used different database but commonly SQL is used . Different database are MySQL , SQL lite . You must also know Oracle database . And do some database certification .

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up