What are the differences between these following devices

The devices which i am listing are flow measurement devices. what are their specialities , and in what way does each differ from the other : ?

venturimeter
rotameter
orifice meter

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I assume, everyone here knows the function of the above three devices (measuring flowrate). The only difference being, the value of coefficient of drag.

Cd for venturimeter is 0.97-0.99, for orificemeter is 0.6-0.65, for rotameter, I don't exactly know but we can calculate it form Reynolds number.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Issue
    I don't exactly know but we can calculate it form Reynolds number.
    As much I know, it is calculated from Bernoulli's equation and continuity equation. But yes it changes with the change in area ratio and Reynolds number.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This project may interest those who want to add robotic voice to circuits. Though a pickaxe project (whatever that is) Arduino ( whatever that means) code is also given. https://www.instructables.com/id/Robot-Voice-How-To-Make-Any-Circuit-Talk/
Now a days it is a very big question that "what is the time?". There are lot of explanations about the time.But no one assure about the perfect explanation of...
is there any materials engineer in here? it is possible to design a concrete mix up to 100Mpa cylindrical strength? if possible can you give me an idea how to...
Ah! Again the most anticipated game by Rockstar games. There are three lead protagonists in GTA V namely : Michael, Franklin & Trevor. Each character has Specific set of skills,...
Our member list showed members who've registered. I made a small tweak to it to sort it according to the latest activity. So now, the recently active members are now...