What are the best internships in Indian research institutes and how to get them?

What are the best possible internships available in India which gives research opportunity to the student,in undergraduate level? Generally from November most of the renowned institutes start posting openings for summer internships, sometimes with handsome stipends and sometimes not. But for the students it becomes very difficult to choose the right option for him/her. Generally at this time it is not in habit of those students to have a clear view of his/her future . So generally which one will help him more than the other is a million dollar question which needs some great level of experienced answer. And the answer will definitely differ from person to person. For now I would like to have a good list of institutes (may it be autonomous scientific research group or a company that gives freedom to its workers to research) which can help me and other students in the next step. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi Debasmita, That's a great question. Thank you for posting all relevant details about it.

Here are some useful links. I know that they are not all Indian research institutes, but all offer really great opportunities -
    • Xerox Research Center India (XRCI)
    For those who are interested in experiencing industrial research.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    • Microsoft Research India
    It conducts world-class research in computer science and related areas.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    • Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS)
    The provide summer training & internship for external students
    External Projects/ Internship | Official website of Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Indian Space Research Organisation, Government of India
    • Indian Institute of Astrophysics
    They want to promote interest in Scientific Research. Candidates selected for this programme, will work on specific projects under the supervision the academic staff members of IIA. This programme runs throughout the academic year.
    Visting Students's Internship Programme | Indian Institute of Astrophysics
    • National Centre for Biological Sciences Internship Program
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    • Raman Research Institute Internship Program
    The Visiting Student Program (VSP) is aimed at offering research experience to highly motivated students who are presently pursuing their undergraduate or Masters Studies or who are in a gap year that is within a year of completion of these degrees.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    • Samsung R&D Institute Bangalore Internship
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I will post more of them as soon as I find out more.
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Thank you for the meaningful resource, I believe they will definitely help students to think beyond. I am sorry for late acknowledgment. Actually I mentioned India 'cause I thought it might be too broad to be answered but if it's possible to list some of great opportunities outside India,that will really be a plus to it. I would like to know also if there's any way to get financial aid for internships outside India. Hope to see more fruitful discussion in this regard. Thanks again.

edit: I will try to spread this link across known circles so that people from everywhere can have a look at this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is IES ESE or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2017 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish...
Samsung has updated its popular Galaxy A series phones - A3, A5 and the A7 with new design and features. Typically, it's the Samsung Galaxy S-series or the Note series...
Cafe Coffee Day aka CCD will now do home delivery of coffee using Swiggy - one of the top food delivery startups in Bangalore. Swiggy has now partnered with CCD...
Satya Prabh Kathooria comes from a family who always had a strong emphasis on academic education, lateral thinking and problem solving. From very young days, his life used to spin...
Hi I am santosh, i completed B.tech from cse in 2012, i am doing small job for my needs.And i am doing MBA(HR), Now i want to join a course...