What actually Sixth Sense Teschology is ?

SIXTH SENSE- A REVOLUTIONARY TECHNOLOGY
Imagine how you would feel if you came to know that,

By just drawing a circle on Wrist of your hand and you will have a digital Wrist watch on your hand which actually shows you date and time.

You can make calls by extending your hand towards the projector and you find numbers on your hand, enter the number and you are connected to that person. Simply amazing it would be!!

For clicking a picture, all you need to do is to make a square with your fingers, highlighting with your fingers what you want to capture and the system will capture the image and save it to the memory

You are reading a newspaper embedded with videos rather than photos or sports updates in the form of video in the newspaper just like things used to happen in harry potter movies. And much more than this!!!!

Yes, it is possible. But the question is how such things can be possible? Here is the answer,This is a technology that has been created by Pranav Mistry, who is a student of PhD from Palanpur, Gujarat (India) in the Group of Fluid Interfaces at MIT Media Lab. Sixth Sense basically refers to the connection with something greater than what our physical senses are able to perceive. Sixth Sense will allow us to interact with the world like never before..The device no bigger than current cell phones and eventually as small as a button on our shirts, this small thing can bring your entire world seem small.

Let's look itsConcept and the Construction: The Sixth Sense technology consists of a projector, a mirror, and a very small camera with a wearable device. The camera and the projector have been designed in such a manner, so that they can easily be connected to a mobile device. The main function of the projector is to use the walls and other physical objects as interface and project visual information. The color markers which are placed at tip of user’s fingers helps to know the gesturesThe cell phone handles the connection to the internet. The smart phone acts as a processor here. The task of the camera is to recognize and track the gestures of the users with the help of different techniques that are largely based on computer vision. There is special software program, and the main function of the program is to video stream the captured data from the camera and consequently tracks the location of the markers, which are right at the tip of the fingers. These arrangements are completely interpreted, and consequently, they are made to work as interactive instructions for the application interfaces.

Its Application and its scope: It can connect the real world to the internet, which is certainly a novel application, and can thus, be a great source of information for the world itself. Therefore, it can always be claimed that this device has a long way to go in the near future. The sixth sense technology costs about $350, and the main cost is associated with micro-projector. More works are yet to be done on the prototype, before it is finally released in the market.

Mohammed Sabir(CEian), Nagpur

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We appreciate your contribution, #-Link-Snipped-# . We'd have been happier had you contributed an article that is entirely original and not taken from other sources. Please always write original articles 😀
  • Mohammed120
    Mohammed120
    Thank you sir.Be Me Be Original and I will always be.Thanks for appreciating my article MR.K

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Time, space and social relationships share a common language of distance: we speak of faraway places, close friends and the remote past. Maybe that is because all three share...
BMW HP4 now gets upgraded braking system with ABS Pro - to ensure the safety of the riders even on the sharp curves. Releasing the new system in Munich, Germany,...
Hello , My Self Bipin , I am Final Year BE student at Pune , Doing my Engineering in IT . I have got an year drop due to my...
Hi, i'm Yordan Vasilev, 26 years old from Bulgaria. I'm currently finishing my master engineering degree in Sofia Technical University as a engineer in telecommunication (radio and wireless). I also...
Thanks to the sleep that starts kicking in at the wrong moment, the incidents where drivers who lose their alertness while driving a car have given a rise to deadly...