We're Hiring Part-Time Tech Bloggers! Apply Now!

Note To Applicants:

We've been receiving several applications for the job. Unfortunately, there are several applicants who are sending us articles directly copy-pasted from other blogs; thinking they'll fool us. Unfortunately, the recruiters at CE are smarter than you & world-class at identifying cheaters. Don't waste our time.

So, you love to blog? Do you love engineering, technology, gadgets and gizmos? Do you like to talk about latest in technology to your friends (until they really get bored)? Well, we are actually paying tech bloggers to do that! Sounds Interesting? Read on...

As you are aware, CrazyEngineers has a popular technology blog called 'VoiCE' which reaches to tens of thousands of engineers in over 180 countries. We are looking to expand our VoiCE Author team and recruiting people passionate about covering the latest in engineering & tech.

Update: Please note that we are a technology 'news' blog. We are *very specific* about hiring authors who can analyse news items & present them to our authors in their own witty style.

Job Location:

On any planet with access to Internet. You can be located anywhere. We don't care.

Application Deadline: December 31, 2011.

Job Type:

Part Time.

Eligibility Criteria:

• Good command over written English.
  • Witty style of writing.
  • Ability to analyze technology news.
  • Some familiarity with WordPress (not required, but it would be an added advantage)
  • Passion for writing and covering latest technology news.
Who Can Apply?

You could be an engineer, non-engineer, a software engineer, engineering student, aspiring engineer, housewife who loves technology more than daily soaps, doctor, alien willing to destroy human race.

How To Apply?

1. Pick up any TWO latest technology, engineering, gadget news topics from various sources on the Internet, magazines, TV etc.
  2. Analyze and write those news items in your own writing style. Make your articles look like they've been written by our current VoiCE Authors, without the gross inaccuracies and typos. Feel free to add videos, images etc. Add both articles in a word file and send it as an attachment to the following mentioned email ID.
  3. In the body of your email, write a paragraph about yourself and why you wish to join the CrazyEngineers VoiCE Team.
  4. The subject of email should be "VoiCE Author Job Application - <Your Name>". Send your application to apply [at] crazyengineers [dot] com.
How to improve your chances of rejection:

• Ignore above mentioned instructions.
  • Copy all of your article from various sources and think you are smarter than job application reviewers.
Have questions before applying?

You can ask any questions in this discussion thread or send your questions to apply [at] crazyengineers [dot] com.

Remuneration: Performance based. Enough to keep you happy & excited about the job.

Replies

• Swagatam M
    Swagatam M
    Ok, now this is what i was looking for a long time.
    I'm gonna apply for this at any cost...but was still wandering any deadline for application??..
    thanks ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now that we're non-traditional company, we'll keep on extending our non-existent deadline until we find the right people.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I am also ready Biggie. But can I apply? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    I am also ready Biggie. But can I apply? ๐Ÿ˜
    The first post says it all clearly. Why do you think you can't apply?
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    me too big k.....but from September last weak.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We expect regularity from members. I'll update the first post.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Because of the volumes and our gross underestimation of number of applicants, there might be delays in acknowledging the receipt of application. We're taking our own sweet time to review applications.

There have been several questions asking whether college students can apply. YES! Anyone can apply! Read our first post once for the eligibility criteria. Feel free to refer your friends, cousins, brothers, enemies to this job.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @ Biggie: Well just stopping by this thread, you should see Techbits by Praveen he provides solutions to many computer related things, they can also be termed as originals.

@Everyone: I do not want to discourage anyone it is only that I have read him and have not read your articles, you might be even better ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Clarifying: We are recruiting tech bloggers expert in various domains - civil, mechanical, chemical, structural, electrical, electronics and also those who're passionate about gadgets.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Further Update:

1. Do not use SMS language anywhere in your application. It's a great way to get your application rejected.
    2. 'How to' tutorials do not come under 'Technology, Engineering' news updates. We specifically mentioned picking up 'recent news topics'.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    The first post says it all clearly. Why do you think you can't apply?
    Had a little confusion being CEan and applying for CE... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    The_Big_K
    Further Update:

1. Do not use SMS language anywhere in your application. It's a great way to get your application rejected.
    2. 'How to' tutorials do not come under 'Technology, Engineering' news updates. We specifically mentioned picking up 'recent news topics'.
    I can't understand second rule.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gg_gaurav
    I can't understand second rule.
    A 'How To' article isn't a 'news item'. News items are typically time bound. Remember that CrazyEngineers VoiCE is Google News Publisher and 99% of our articles should be 'news types'. Check out all our latest VoiCE posts to get an idea.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like many people are interested in becoming a VoiCE author. Keep on bringing new applications! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eshwar.k.gre8
    eshwar.k.gre8
    @big i already applied but haven't received conformation mail from you
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    eshwar.k.gre8
    @big i already applied but haven't received conformation mail from you
    We acknowledge applications which follow the instructions mentioned in the first post. Read the instructions once again and apply.
  • eshwar.k.gre8
    eshwar.k.gre8
    @Big i applied for blogging but i haven't received any conformation mail from you
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    eshwar.k.gre8
    @Big i applied for blogging but i haven't received any conformation mail from you
    Please read my earlier response. We only acknowledge applications which follow the rules mentioned in the announcement.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update:

The shortlisting process has began. We'll contact shortlisted applicants through mail/phone with further details. Those who wish to apply may continue to apply this week.
  • HSEGovJobs
    HSEGovJobs
    Hi, I see that you are hiring a technical blogger. A colleague is asking what your rate per article/per hour rate is for the work?
    I shall then let him know. Thanks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    HSEGovJobs
    Hi. a colleague is asking what your rate per article/per hour rate is for the work?

I shall then let him know. Thanks.
    We aren't hiring at the moment. The rate is discussed once the candidates get through first level of selection process.
  • mani4astro
    mani4astro
    i'm interested in blogging about Technolog gadgets ,by the way i'm an electronics student.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mani4astro
    i'm interested in blogging about Technolog gadgets ,by the way i'm an electronics student.
    Be careful while you show your interest in applying for the blogging job. We always look for bloggers who're quite serious about blogging. It's disastrous to apply for a tech-blogger job without paying attention to text formatting. Casual approach is a strict no.
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    Great oo
    The_Big_K
    So, you love to blog? Do you love engineering, technology, gadgets and gizmos? Do you like to talk about latest in technology to your friends (until they really get bored)? Well, we are actually paying tech bloggers to do that! Sounds Interesting? Read on...

As you are aware, CrazyEngineers has a popular technology blog called 'VoiCE' which reaches to tens of thousands of engineers in over 180 countries. We are looking to expand our VoiCE Author team and recruiting people passionate about covering the latest in engineering & tech.

Job Location:

On any planet with access to Internet. You can be located anywhere. We don't care.

Job Type:

Part Time.

Eligibility Criteria:

• Good command over written English.
    • Witty style of writing.
    • Ability to analyze technology news.
    • Some familiarity with WordPress (not required, but it would be an added advantage)
    • Passion for writing and covering latest technology news.
    Who Can Apply?

You could be an engineer, non-engineer, a software engineer, engineering student, aspiring engineer, housewife who loves technology more than daily soaps, doctor, alien willing to destroy human race.

How To Apply?

1. Pick up any TWO latest technology, engineering, gadget news topics from various sources on the Internet, magazines, TV etc.
    2. Analyze and write those news items in your own writing style. Make your articles look like they've been written by our current VoiCE Authors, without the gross inaccuracies and typos. Feel free to add videos, images etc. Add both articles in a word file and send it as an attachment to the following mentioned email ID.
    3. In the body of your email, write a paragraph about yourself and why you wish to join the CrazyEngineers VoiCE Team.
    4. The subject of email should be "VoiCE Author Job Application - <Your Name>". Send your application to apply [at] crazyengineers [dot] com.
    How to improve your chances of rejection:

• Ignore above mentioned instructions.
    • Copy all of your article from various sources and think you are smarter than job application reviewers.
    Have questions before applying?

You can ask any questions in this discussion thread or send your questions to apply [at] crazyengineers [dot] com.

Remuneration: Performance based. Enough to keep you happy & excited about the job.

Great opportunity.
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    Hey big k..... Thanks for the initiative i have a blog i.e. #-Link-Snipped-# and i also have keen intrest in blogging i will create threads which are not copied from anywhere solely written by me..... Just have a look at them....
    Regards
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yanivx
    Hey big k..... Thanks for the initiative i have a blog i.e. #-Link-Snipped-# and i also have keen intrest in blogging i will create threads which are not copied from anywhere solely written by me..... Just have a look at them....
    Regards
    Thank you for your interest. The application procedure is mentioned in the first post.
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    The_Big_K
    Thank you for your interest. The application procedure is mentioned in the first post.
    yup.... very soon you will recieve an attachment The Good Admin
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Applicants please note - If you are applying as a 'blogger'. Writing a casual email does not make you cool. In fact, it makes you look fool.

CrazyEngineers VoiCE is read by thousands of industry professionals every day which includes people working at Google, AT&T, Microsoft, CISCO, Infosys, IBM, Toyota and so on.

Note: The selection procedure is tougher than you'd expect. So apply if you *really* have a passion for writing.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Hiee,
    I've made some of my own posts in my Blog.
    You could take a look on them.

I've send these link on your email address as well.
    Thanks !!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ashbeezone: We're a Technology News blog. The articles you've written aren't news articles.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tens of applications flowing in. May the best engineers get the job! ๐Ÿ‘
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    i visit your site it is simply superb
    yanivx
    Regards
  • Hassam Ahmad
    Hassam Ahmad
    hey asalamualikum plz tell me on which email we have to mail
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hassam Ahmad
    hey asalamualikum plz tell me on which email we have to mail
    With that kind of language usage; you better not apply. We want bloggers who are good at English.
  • Hassam Ahmad
    Hassam Ahmad
    Sorry for that language,but it was just my communicating English.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    amkeabhi123
    i am intrested for this part time blogger , what are procedure so please tell me ,i will send two tech blog before participate this part time blog please tell me yes or not .
    Don't waste time.
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    Sir, kindly can you increase the deadline for application for just 10 days more?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Suresh Manickam
    Sir, kindly can you increase the deadline for application for just 10 days more?
    To the best of my knowledge, we've done with the hiring for this season. ๐Ÿ˜€ Hover, CEan - AKD knows the details. We'll post an update soon.
  • AviatorAUTOBOT
    AviatorAUTOBOT
    I applied......but have not got any whatsoever reply....... So...it would mean that I am done and I will have to try again?! eeerrrrrr....... right admin?!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AviatorAUTOBOT
    I applied......but have not got any whatsoever reply....... So...it would mean that I am done and I will have to try again?! eeerrrrrr....... right admin?!
    We're currently not recruiting. Forgot to update this thread. However, we've received your application and will be considered as soon as we begin expanding our team. With our current progress, I'm sure we'll be expanding our team very soon.
  • AviatorAUTOBOT
    AviatorAUTOBOT
    The_Big_K
    We're currently not recruiting. Forgot to update this thread. However, we've received your application and will be considered as soon as we begin expanding our team. With our current progress, I'm sure we'll be expanding our team very soon.
    hope that is soon ! cannot wait to get into the team! hope for bestt! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • yashaswi_111
    yashaswi_111
    at last i found the perfect way to recruit people...............................i loved this thread.
  • VickyNGL
    VickyNGL
    @bigge.... have you found the authors... are you exapnding the process still... I may suit for it...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    VickyNGL
    @bigge.... have you found the authors... are you exapnding yhe process still... I may suit for it...
    We typically look for people who are good at writing and are passionate about it. A writer/blogger won't include several dots between words and show interest in application with typos.
  • VickyNGL
    VickyNGL
    Thanks for the info.
    I'll start work on it and contact CE as soon as possible.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, you love to blog? Do you love engineering, technology, gadgets and gizmos? Do you like to talk about latest in technology to your friends (until they really get bored)?...
Let's have a tip daily to live Healthy & Happily ๐Ÿ˜€ 1. Take Grapes Daily or more often. Eating grapes on a regular basis helps in the following ways. -...
6 strokes engine r used or not.why we learn only 2 n 4 stroke engine ๐Ÿ˜”
hai frnds,i mstuding 2nd yr mech department..pls snd the ideas of abt mini projects...wat r the mini projects in mechanical...how can i do that such kind of projects...
Hey guys. does anybody have any idea about implementation of steganography? Which programming language is the best for implementation. pls reply. Its a final year project.