Weight As Axial Load

A Stepped bar is hung from the ceiling as shown in the figure. The cross section of AB=500 mm^2 and that of BC=200 mm^2.
Assuming that the density of both rods are same and equal to 7500 kg/m^3.Find the axial force at a section A-A' just above B.
Take g= 10 m/s^2.
A downward force 20 N is acting at B and a force of 5N at C is acting upwards.

Ans.
1. 32.5 N
2. 22.5 N
3. 90 N
4. 100 N

Replies

• omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    Can weight is considered as axial load???
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    nooneperfect
    Can weight is considered as axial load???
    Certainly it is, provided the axis is vertical. Otherwise there will be a torque component and an axial load component, which can be determined by resolving the forces along the axis and perpendicular to it.
  • omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    Torque will be zero as load acting parallel to axis..
  • omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    Torque will be zero as load acting parallel to axis.And answer will be 22.5 N in AB section using F=m.g

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

InFocus is a bit late in joining the gang, but never say never. The US based smartphone maker has unveiled a new smartphone called 'InFocus M530' in India. Though the...
A team of researchers from UC San Diego have made it possible for an artificial cell to mimic an important characteristic of a living cell that makes them capable of...
Imagine a swarm of ant-robots carrying strands of threads to build a nest. That could become a reality with the research presented by a team of engineers from Iowa State...
Protecting the world's largest online social network from malware is the top priority of the security engineers at Facebook. The job involves removing all the malicious links; the ones that...
I am not good in coding. but I want to do android programming. how I will be able to do that?