Wecome to Outlook.com

Microsoft just updated Homail as outlook.....
just login to outlook.com from your hotmail/live credentials .
First look is very simple and just simple looking mobile OneNote app and pretty fast.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, just had a look at it. They're asking users to import all of their gmail! 😲
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    😨...... that sick, and I think they are in hurry to implement it. if you applied new outlook to your account and click on calender it showing as hotmail inside.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hotmail now shows a message to 'upgrade' your account to new Outlook.com. I wonder when will Microsoft begin an offering similar to Google Apps for small businesses.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    now should i say - outlook as a app ? or outlook at a domain? they could have come up with a different name that 'outlook' 😨
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    now should i say - outlook as a app ? or outlook at a domain? they could have come up with a different name that 'outlook' 😨
    Yeah, I thought the same too. But it does make sense to have one common name to their email platform. Microsoft may be planning to retire the Outlook application in the next few years so that the web interface becomes default. Everything's going to the clouds, these days.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm, may be i will create a user account and check it out, just for the sake of increasing there user base 😛
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Seriously, the good old Hotmail was better. I just logged in today to the new Hotmail (Outlook) coz I use it for all the Website and official stuff I do (besides office work), and was surprised to see that the "Outlook" was quite slower than I expected. It does not work well with an average internet connectivity. And what was Microsoft thinking? Does it want to spoil the name of both Hotmail and Microsoft Outlook application which many people use daily at their offices. The whole new concept of cloud outlook is not feasible in a sub-terrain internet environment. Besides, I like to keep stuff organised in Microsoft Outlook so that I can log in at any time when I'm offline to check any important e-mail. Why keep all that important e-mail on the cloud?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    One note-able feature is the Outlook Alias option which allows you to add 10 new alias e-mail addresses to your existing e-mail account, without creating a new account! How cool is that? Now you can use the same old e-mail ID on hotmail and create aliases each according to whatever professional or freak name you want...and still not bother about forgetting the password, or logging in to each e-mail address separately.

P.S.: Seriously, does g-mail have such an option that I don't know about? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    anoopthefriend
    One note-able feature is the Outlook Alias option
    Not possible... this option *was also there yahoomail, not sure still have it.
    But, you have option to add anything after your userid
    like username+@gmail.com, which is allow to manage mails better.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ianoop
    Not possible... this option is also was yahoomail, not sure still have it.
    Can you elaborate on this? It works for me! And I just tried it now!

What good is that?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Like #-Link-Snipped-# said aliases isn't available in Gmail.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    anoopthefriend
    Can you elaborate on this? It works for me! And I just tried it now!
    you referred aliases, means, you can have #-Link-Snipped-# and another alias like xyzabc which works like #-Link-Snipped-# and for both incoming and outgoing single mailbox can be used right!!!
    This is not possible with gmail.com. Though incoming and mail as different mail id works if authorized but it will be seen as
    received from #-Link-Snipped-# on behalf of #-Link-Snipped-#.

What good is that?
    Using this feature, if you are registering on site ebay or giving your mail to a person use like #-Link-Snipped-# (if allowed) and then whenever you get email from that website/person you can easily filter the mails.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone tell how to design scissors for a blinds?? this was a question of a competitive design exam...
The Gmail for iOS had earlier facilities to email from alternate addresses, get notifications and supported persistent logins. Now, with the Gmail update 1.3 the feature to save photos finally...
hello guyzz.. i m B.E. student. I m intersted in above mentioned topic.. but i dont have much info on it.. like.. I want to know its hardware/ software specifications......
Scientists at the University of Akron, USA have announced a new color-changing lens that can detect glucose levels in tears.These lens will help the diabetic patients to check blood sugar...
This my seem like spam or advertising but I am dead serious. One of the best places to learn Javascript (or Python/Ruby if you like) is https://www.codecademy.com You learn by...