Ways to make sound proof place

Hi friends,

I was thinking how to make things more sound proof? I learnt some basics when I was in seventh grade which we all know.

But can anyone suggest ways to make sound proof rooms?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Attach rubber friction holdings bush (or whatever you call as) as a lining on the doors... 😀
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    I hope your family eats a lot of eggs. use egg cases. the cardboard ones that are generally used. the cone structure is said to reduce noise levels to a great extent. then use the rubber tubing to secure any gaps between door panels. plus, throw clothes around as the wrinkles absorb a lot of vibrations. use thick cloth to cover windows as curtains. looseness is the key here!
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    we can use hollow bricks to build the wall. it will insulate to some extent. or we can also have two panneled walls with wool or any other insulation in between.
    also husk can be used i guess. 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Good work people, still I am not satisfied.

In case of Cars, if we want to make sound proof we can use special materials like special glass or other materials, let us discuss about them.

In case of Civil, if we are designing a room, then, draft of air can travel through leaks around an entrance (window or door), which allows unwanted sound to enter a room.

Rooms with doorway-related problems can be more soundproof if weatherstrips are applied to the gaps around the doorway or by buying a solid door. Window-related noise can be reduced by purchasing vinyl-framed or double-paned windows.

One more suggestion, How about old standby of hanging drapes?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A slew of videos on a slew of subjects. GlobalSpec - Engineering Search & Industrial Supplier Catalogs Bioramani
guys i need to design an led torch that works on 1.2 or 1.5v battery. im in need of Design and the circuit.. can anyone help me out with this??
These are strictly for fun. 1. L.E.D. Easter Eggs L.E.D. Easter Eggs 2. Charlie Sheen's Warlock Laser Eyes Charlie Sheen's Warlock Laser Eyes 3. Desktop energy seed lamp Desktop energy...
I haven't used much softwares from Adobe's design suite. Does anybody have suggestions regarding which of them is best for regular drawing? What I mean is: Photoshop is real specialized...
hiii guys im mechanical engg N i need some m tech prodn engg seminars plz help me