Waterproof Glasses - Innovative Personal Tech!

There are tons of companies out there making waterproof digital cameras, mobile phones, MP3 players and what not! I still wonder whether someone has already worked on waterproof spectacles! If invented, it would be a bliss for people like me who wear glasses.

One of the most common problem is that when you come out of an Air Conditioned room - all the moisture accumulates on the glasses greatly reducing the visibility. Also, its almost impossible to see when going out in rain!

I'd really like if someone has ideas on creating waterproof glasses. I do not approve of installing wipers on the glasses (I think it looks bad 😉 ). So can there be innovative ideas that may just solve the purpose?

Think hard, people! It could be your final year project! 😉

Replies

• mechguy25
    mechguy25
    hey somebody in France i think has already designed a nano material layer which when applied on glass does not allow accumulation of moisture on it... tis happened about 2 to 3 years ago....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's awesome. Is there a link I can refer to?
  • mechguy25
    mechguy25
    i m not sure i had seen it a very long time ago on internet or sme magzine ....but i do remember the facts
  • gohm
    gohm
    I first thought of heat, like in a car defroster used in the rear window where thin wires run through the glass. The wires would need to be run around the lenses and not through them so as to not affect view. It would require temperature resistant lenses to prevent the focal point/prescription from altering due to heat expansion of the lens material. Has anyone tried using Rainex on their glasses?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hey this nano-technologically treated glass is already available in the market... i mean the glazings...
    normally the reason for the dirt to remain on glass or the water droplets to remain on the surface is the presence of micro pores. these micro pores are spread throughout the surface and the dirt and water enter into these pores and settle till wiped out.
    the main idea behind this nano-technologically treated glass is these micro pores are filled with the nano material and since there is no more place for these water they form a thin film of water and remove the dirt along with it and no water trails are found in the surface... the nano material used is titanium oxide (TiO2). it has hydrophilic property and the water forms sheets out of rain drops which then wash off the dirt particles broken down.
    this same technology can also be applied to the spectacles i think😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Attend Knowledge based session on 31st July 2010 at 5:00PM to step forward into World of Storage Area Network(SAN). Venue:Unimatics Software Solutions (P) Ltd. #611 & 612,Annapurna Block, Aditya Enclave,...
We haven't had a CE meet since long time. Can we all plan for CE meets in our own cities? A CE meet can be organized in any college along...
Hi My client wants to run a pump on inverted power. I recommended pure sine but what effect will square wave have on the motor? It is a single phase...
I have googling this for about 15 days now, but not able to get any ebook or torrent to download fro free! Again, I need a free version
Hi all, I'm wanting to calculate the instantaneous power of a piston. I know that usually P = Fv, where F is the force applied and v is the velocity....