wat is meant by 3 phase and 1 phase?????

i h8 EEE but i am forced 2 study it......
so PLZ help me.

Replies

• akshara197
    akshara197
    In Alternate Current(AC), you can see phases. That is the phase what we actually cal 1 phase. In 3 phase, there will be 3 lines carries AC with phase difference of 120 degree i.e., 1 complete cycle of AC (360 degree) is divided into 3 parts= 120 degree each. so that, in 1st line Magnitude starts increasing at 0 sec. when it reaches 120 degree, in 2nd line Magnitude starts increases from 0V. while 2nd line reaches 120 degree, 3rd line magnitude starts increasing. So that, the instrument to which 3 phase current is applied will get max power to drive.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is now almost everyday, that I come across the word apps. I am bewildered by what does an *app* mean? What are their purpose? Can we have a discussion...
This post is the guide for following my tutorials on C-Programing. ************************************************************************************************************* Please donot post questions/appreciations/criticisms/suggestions in the thread dedicated to tutorial. If you want to suggest something personally, the...
Hello everyone, I am simplycoder and welcome to C-programing discussions. In this thread, you can post your questions and I shall try to answer them to best of my knowledge....
i'm a final year student of university of ilorin. i want project topic on web design
[video=youtube;lESZqCflB0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lESZqCflB0o&feature=relmfu[/video]