Waste materials of plastics as our future fuels?

Hello!

What about using waste materials of plastics as our future fuels?

What are the ways or the processes through which this can be made possible?

Replies

• shinde_tukaram
    shinde_tukaram
    Re: Future Fuels

no any pssibility of this consepct .
  • 4d1
    4d1
    rbh_ag
    Hello!

What about using waste materials of plastics as our future fuels?

What are the ways or the processes through which this can be made possible?
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]if you break down waste plastic using the right catalyst you get liquid hydrocarbons. [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]we might get derive petrol, diesel or LPG. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All plastics are polymers mostly containing carbon and hydrogen. Polymers are made up of small molecules called monomers.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Degradation of polymers occurs when this long chain of monomers breaks at certain points. If the division of bonds occurs randomly, it is known as Random De-Polymerisation.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Plastic waste is converted into liquid hydrocarbons by random de-polymerisation. The process is carried out in a specially designed reactor in the absence of oxygen and with Zadgaonkar’s secret catalytic additive.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maximum reaction temperature is 350deg C and there is total conversion of waste plastic into value-added fuel products. [/FONT]
  • gohm
    gohm
    How has this developed/advanced? I know not too long ago the process consumed more resources than it saved and also created/used some toxic bi-products. What are the new technology trends making this a more viable option now and in the future?
  • 4d1
    4d1
    Process path:
    Shredded waste is continually fed into a conventional extruder. Here over the length of a heated extruder screw, the waste is plasticised and melted at a relatively low temperature. The melt is then stripped of chlorine, and led to a reactor where lies the crux of the invention. The melt interacts with proprietory catalysts. The stable, continual chain of carbon found in all plastics is destabilised by a depolymerization reaction and rendered ready for a rich harvest.
    Three streams of produce are obtained. A part of the gaseous cloud is condensed to form a liquid hydrocarbon. This is the recovered fuel oil. It is a sulphur free equivalent of industrial crude. It can be readily used in furnaces or put through fractional condensation to obtaine finer grades like petrol. For a long while to come, the best market for this is as furnace oil for process heating in factories. recovery plants, when they spread out, can use plastic from local dumps and serve local industries which currently buy expensive furnace oil from far away.
    What is not condensable at the reactor is obtained as a LPG equivalent. A modified genset can generate electricity using this gas. This is now standard practice at a plant, which is self sufficient for power. The final remains are a solid fuel called petroleum coke. Approximately 70% is liquid hydrocarbon, 15% is gas and 5% is solid coke. Balance is ash and metal fines.

mastermind: Alka Zadgaonkar (indian nationality),her's is the world's first continuous process for all manner of waste plastics

[​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just for the record's sake. We've spoken with Mrs. Alka Zadgaonkar. We'll soon have her on CE Small Talk.
  • rbh_ag
    rbh_ag
    Still this thing is not used on a commercial basis....

may be it might produce toxic substance or the production cost might be exceeding the cost of the product...
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    please provide more information
  • engg4world
    engg4world
    Lets know the waste material usage and save the world. Instead of following this long industrial procedure, can u tell us how to simultaneously utilize the plastic which is thrown as a waste. This will can also be a part of it.😡
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    wow man, if this doesn't turn out to be another brown's gas, this is some really cool stuff
  • darani pattu
    darani pattu
    hello friend ,plastic is one of the byproduct of petrochemical products ,therefore one byproduct can't be the byproduct of another.

with regards
    dharani
  • sourabh.mahawar
    sourabh.mahawar
    i had worked in this field for an year and i got good fuel quality..anybdy need information can contact me at

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiii friends I want to develop a forum in my project ........... plz give some idea to develop this so that I could implement this.............
hi guys ...i m doing my 2nd yr be in mechatronics ...i donno the future of tis dept ...i chose it coz of my craze in mechanical (mainly automobile) so...
I Am a third year electronics and telecommunication student. I had an idea to do a small project.i had a suggestion from my friend about a circuit which stops elephants...
What is the max thermal efficiency of a CI & SI engine, Why CI engine is having more thermal efficiency ?
hello friends.. i'm posting descriptions of certain topics.. please guide me on a particular topic i'll be able to work on comfortably.. i'm doing my 5th semester.. so.. kindly help...