want to start a blog, which web hosting i can choose? need your suggestions

want to start a blog, which web hosting i can choose? need your suggestions.

my requirements are, its going to be a just blog with pictures, no websites or anything else. much traffic will not be there as going to share it with only friends.. want to keep that blog site forever,

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Go with Tumblr.com. Probably one of the best blogging platforms out there 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As you have limited use I suggest to go with wordpress.com
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Everything is equal. If you are looking for hosting services, look for the cheap rates. If you are looking for free hosting, anyone is as good as the other. I prefer Wordpress though!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Use fatcow.com for hosting (roughly INR 2000 for hosting + domain in the first year). I would suggest wordpress because its highly customizable.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Use fatcow.com for hosting (roughly INR 2000 for hosting + domain in the first year). I would suggest wordpress because its highly customizable.
    How's their customer support?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Best one is to get a domain from a trusted reseller like GoDaddy or Name.com and get it linked with your wordpress.com account. #-Link-Snipped-#, what do you say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, of course. But does WordPress.com give you customization control?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Yes, of course. But does WordPress.com give you customization control?
    Their own theme selection only. But one thing is good. The security. If I use a self-hosted wordpress account, it gets easily hacked, and I have experienced it too. But this is not the case with the hosted wordpress blog. So considering this being the main and crucial factor, I suggested that. Dude, why I said cruicial is, it made my domain to be blacklisted because of the spam and also the attacker can send spam mails and malware. To avoid all these hassles, it is better. 😀 And also, the free themes like neoease are great! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Question paper Leakage Detection and Alart System kindly tell me the details and platform used for this project? thank you
Hello, I'm a civil engineering student. I found this forum when trying to find some information about the relationship between funicular polygon and bending moment. I don't know if I'm...
hi every one matloob here i m the studnt of mcs final semester an need to help of you professnial people for my crier
Google Drive has officially entered the highly competitive market in data storage services for small businesses and private customers, alongside Microsoft, Apple and DropBox. Drive will allow Google customers to...
last day we were doing our lab session in linear circuits lab. we got a question 2,3,4 on the file. but we cannot got any idea about the question and...