Voltaire's Bio

Hi Everyone

This is just a short intro to let you know who I am and how we can all help each other.
I read Engineering and post-grad I read project management. I have done many things over my professional career including metallurgy but my main focus has always been petro-chemicals. I have also managed plants and facilities as an operations manager. Being multi-disciplined gave me an opportunity to take projects from concept through design, implementation and commissioning...brown fields as well as green fields.

It is a big responsibility to take charge of a project. Many people trust you with hundreds of millions of dollars of their money to deliver a project on time, in budget and on specification. You will also have accountability for the safety of personnel and in green fields projects you will need to set up all the systems (management and statutory) to make sure your operation is legally compliant. It is therefor important to keep your head clear and your feet firmly on the ground at all times. People look to you for guidance and you must take the lead by example. Remember: you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I have worked in different parts of the world including Africa, the US, Europe and even Australia. Sadly, I have not been to India but I can relate an interesting event that happened to me one day as I was en route to Dubai from Brisbane. We had been traveling for some time and I eventually fell asleep. Out of no-where I woke up with a chant in my head; I could not shake it. To me it sounded like a Hindu chant like I had seen in the movies; it was quite disconcerting as I could not explain it.
Then I reached over and turned on the in-flight display and guess what? We were right over India. Makes one think...

In my spare time I build electronic circuits and I have a small workshop with all kinds of spares such as transistors, resistors and stuff that I play with. I am also active in environmental applications and I do designs for some of my clients RE solar, wind and water systems.

If you want to talk you can get me on the PM system. I'll help where I can.

Peace

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Your experience with India is interesting.. 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    welcome to ce 😀
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Interesting anecdote....
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Since that day I have often wondered whether there is a Gaia; a spirit that permeates everything, even the soil below and the air above...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to CE Voltarie,

Impressive!

Hey Voltarie its our pleasure that you are on CE.

Looking forward to see your interesting stuff on CE.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Welcome to CE Sir , have read couple of posts of yours!! good going!
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers!

and yeah interesting experience regarding India.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Welcome to CE!! Great!!
    We are glad to have you here!!
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    When one has an epiphany like that (like the one I had on the airplane) then it gets your mind going and you try to rationalize it. For me, personally, it was a realization that there is a consciousness that encompasses our collective consciousness in an unimaginable way. But let's look at it scientifically: E Walker Harris speculated that the brain works by quantum tunneling but it was never proved. Richard Feynman calculated (in 1982) that mankind could never build a computer that would be intelligent because it is impossible to simulate non-locality (read up on this; it is fundamental to quantum theory and key to this passage). This is plain: if you trace any wire in any computer on any day you will always end up in the same place. There can be no chaos and hence no causal determinism (according to current theory, anyway) and hence no need for consciousness: it a purely deterministic machine.

Recent research by Fred Alan Wolfe and L Bass showed that, in order for intelligence to work, many neurons have to fire simultaneously; some over a distance of some 10cm. Even at light speed the message would arrive late. They concluded that the consciousness therefor has to have a 'nonlocal correlation'. In other words: while the consciousness awaits the arrival of an electron at a certain node/neuron it creates it out of the nothingness that is the Universe.

The most recent research by SA Schwartz concluded that experiences known as'...moments of genius, religious epiphany, and psychic insight...are in essence the same...differentiated only by intention and context. It reaches this conclusion based on well-conducted experimental research across the continuum of science-work that proposes a new interdependent model of consciousness that takes into consideration a nonlocal linkage or entanglement, as an aspect of consciousness not limited by space and time.'

How the human (animal/plant?) consciousness is sufficiently causal to change the course of something that is absolutely exact to something absolutely chaotic is still not clear.

I would recommend that you read The Self-aware Universe by Prof. Amit Goswami
  • gohm
    gohm
    Welcome to CE. Really enjoyed reading your bio posts.
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    😉 Thanks mate
  • chuackl
    chuackl
    Hi, voltaire, is there any other way to contact you other than in CE?
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Yes; you can send me a PM
    Peace
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Welcome to CE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good news! PayPal account holders in India can now withdraw their funds via electronic transfer. The facility has been resumed after it was put on hold few days ago. Following...
I recently published a post on VoiCE about the Digital Afterlife. Have a look: Digital Afterlife What do you think? Is there a solution to the problem mentioned there?
I'm a final year student of Bsc in software Engineering with multimedia , please i need an idea for my major project
Any one ready for CE New Delhi or chandigarh Meet I think many of ceans are from Delhi,so How about organizing a ce meet in Delhi this time? If any...
Am willing to do my final year btech mechanical project. i need some help regarding the selection of project topic, anyone who got suggestins plz help me.. ma seminar was...