Voltage Too High, Charging Paused - Galaxy Note / SII Problem

Galaxy Note & SII devices with Android 4.0.3 firmware seem to have 'Voltage Too High, Charging Paused' problem. After upgrading your Galaxy Note or Galaxy SII to latest Android 4.0.3, the phones seem to display this message quite frequently, after interval of 30 seconds.

I searched a bit online and found that this looks to be more of a firmware problem than hardware or battery related problem.

Fix:

I could fix the problem by going to Developer -> Turning On USB Debugging.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Galaxy Note & SII devices with Android 4.0.3 firmware seem to have 'Voltage Too High, Charging Paused' problem. After upgrading your Galaxy Note or Galaxy SII to latest Android 4.0.3, the phones seem to display this message quite frequently, after interval of 30 seconds.

I searched a bit online and found that this looks to be more of a firmware problem than hardware or battery related problem.

Fix:

I could fix the problem by going to Developer -> Turning On USB Debugging.
    Turning on USB debugging may be create problem while you are connecting with Computer.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    USB Debugging will disable to connect Kies ....
    I didn't faced High Voltage Problem😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ianoop
    I didn't faced Voltage High Problem😀
    you too have 4.0.3 ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    I didn't faced High Voltage Problem😀
    A lot of Galaxy phone users, especially the SII and Note users have been reporting this problem and there is not easy fix. However, it's too early to comment on whether USB debugging solved the problem. I"ll post if the problem persists.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope, that fix didn't work. By the way, this looks like

1. An ICS update error OR
    2. USB charging port problem. It's bit surprising that a lot of people are facing problems after upgrading their phones to ICS. I'd like to believe that this is Android problem, not a hardware problem.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Nope, that fix didn't work. By the way, this looks like

1. An ICS update error OR
    2. USB charging port problem. It's bit surprising that a lot of people are facing problems after upgrading their phones to ICS. I'd like to believe that this is Android problem, not a hardware problem.
    If it is hardware problem then you must got such errors in previous OS too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    If it is hardware problem then you must got such errors in previous OS too.
    Sounds logically right. But it could be a problem with the hardware that only the latest firmware detects. So I can't say for sure. A lot of Galaxy owners are reporting the same problem and have confirmed that going back to Gingerbread hasn't helped solve the problem. Does anyone know a proper fix for this problem?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Sounds logically right. But it could be a problem with the hardware that only the latest firmware detects. So I can't say for sure. A lot of Galaxy owners are reporting the same problem and have confirmed that going back to Gingerbread hasn't helped solve the problem. Does anyone know a proper fix for this problem?
    Agree with you in this point. Custom ROM can be solution for this error. Or have to wait for OS update.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys... m in great need of getting a few ideas for mega projects based on robotics and also a few on wireless communications..... help me out..
Please suggest me sites from where I can download free pdf books on Electronics topic snd subjects 🎉
I remember my father would work 6 days a week and Sunday was a common day-off for everyone. Then entered the IT; that really changed the way people worked. Because...
Hi, I completed my B.E. in mechanical in 2011 and currently working as an Asst. Prof. in one of the nearby colleges...i got into teaching for my studies only and...