Volkswagen Cross Polo India Launch Today - Specifications & Price At Glance

Volkswagen Cross Polo has been launched in India today by the company as a new entry to the polo hatchback market for the country. Powered by the 75PS 1.2Tdi engine, the Volkswagen Cross Polo features 5-speed manual transmission with a lot of tweaks in the looks as compared to the currently running Volkswagen Polo. As we check the specifications of the new car, we find new bumpers, body cladding, silver painted mirrors, 15-inch alloy wheels and silver roof rails. The car goes from 0 to 100 kmph in about 16.16 seconds with a top speed of around 180 kmph, which is same as the Polo's diesel variant.

The Volkswagen Cross Polo specs in the interior reveal 'Livon' titanium black upholstery, chrome linings, leather wrapped steering wheel, gearshift knob and handbrake lever. Those who want premium music systems inside their cars, can note down that this one gets a Aux-in, USB, SD card and Bluetooth compatibility. For the passenger's safety, there is ABS, dual airbags and engine immobilizer. Speaking about the launch of the New Cross Polo, Arvind Saxena, managing director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. said "The Polo is an important carline in the Indian portfolio and with ongoing updates we keep it relevant and exciting for our customers. The Cross Polo has been created for those looking at a premium hatchback in a sporty 'crossover' style."

slide

What's more - We find a revised grille with a single slat and silver diffuser at the rear. There is of course the regular tilt and telescopic adjustable steering wheel, height adjustable driver seat, powered rear view mirrors, fog-lights, rear parking sensors and remote central locking. If you dig deeper at the features, you will also find Halogen headlamps in black finish, Heat insulating glass for windscreen, side and rear windows and a Galvanized body with 6 years anticorrosion warranty. Overall, the design is bold and sporty.

The Cross Polo will be made available in three colours - Flash Red, Deep Black pearl and Reflex Silver. Following the unveiling of FIAT Punto Sport 2013 Launched - Specifications, Features & Price In India and Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Stingray Launch In India Today - Price & Specs [Updated] in India, this week has been a mega one for car launches. It has been made official by the company that the Cross Polo sales begin from August 23, 2013 in India. For more details on the tech specs of the car, check the specifications chart below -

Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 4.40.32 PM

Revealing that the Volkswagen Cross Polo price in India is going to be Rs. 7.75 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi), the german car-maker has shared in the press release that the car is going to be a treat to drive. Well, will that happen or not - only reviews are to say. Let us keep hooked to find out more.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    So considering the price tag it seems VW and Fiat will be in a close competition with addon features of dual airbags and its brand power makes Vw stands tall...........
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Though this car is no Passat, I hope they put up a cool ad for this one.
    Just like the one with the force featuring the little darth vader -

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Maruti Suzuki WagonR Stingray is a lot cheaper than this one. For a sporty look, this car seems very fine. But what about the mileage? claiming 22kmpl doesnt make it that much i believe. Which makes it low on this part as compared to its other counterparts.
    Nayan Goenka
    Maruti Suzuki WagonR Stingray is a lot cheaper than this one. For a sporty look, this car seems very fine. But what about the mileage? claiming 22kmpl doesnt make it that much i believe. Which makes it low on this part as compared to its other counterparts.
    What about the ssafety features such as airbags,parking assist,etc
    Do you think that can be offered eassily?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    What about the ssafety features such as airbags,parking assist,etc
    Do you think that can be offered eassily?
    Well the features are there is accepted but I don't believe they increase the cost of the car by a factor of 2x or 1.5x
    Nayan Goenka
    Well the features are there is accepted but I don't believe they increase the cost of the car by a factor of 2x or 1.5x
    I dont accept the fact that the price had been rised by 2x or 1.5x.we should also consider the material to be used for construction and note that small technical gadgets cost really more.The use of sensors plays a great deal in it.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    this one looks like an SUV.

well i would still prefer the bolero, which costs just 4.5 lakhs.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The quality of VW can never be compared with Maruthi. As far as my opinion is concerned Polo is the best in its segment now. And no polo buyer will look for options in MS.

I have a friend a mechanical Engineer and works for Maruthi, he told me that not even one car of Maruthi is manufactured properly as a car is should be manufactured, they are manufactured in bulk and there will be many quality related issues.

VW has the best design.. Only car that can be compared with VW is BMW and Mercedez.
    English-Scared
    The quality of VW can never be compared with Maruthi. As far as my opinion is concerned Polo is the best in its segment now. And no polo buyer will look for options in MS.

I have a friend a mechanical Engineer and works for Maruthi, he told me that not even one car of Maruthi is manufactured properly as a car is should be manufactured, they are manufactured in bulk and there will be many quality related issues.

VW has the best design.. Only car that can be compared with VW is BMW and Mercedez.
    Do you really think VW gives a tough competition to bmw and mercedes?(excluding audi and skoda).
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Obviously, Mercedes has already lost the race with VW, moreover with Models for Audi and Skoda coming up it obviously gives a fierce competetion to BMW as well.
    For every model of BMW there is a equivalent model in Audi and for mid range segment Skoda rules . The rugged look of Skoda is something that cannot be matched with any others cars, take Octavia or Laura or Rapid. And Donot forget the best cars from VM -- Passat , Vento , Polo and Beetle which are getting sold more than the BMW or other cars.

Only other manufacturer for quality and machine design including VW and BMW i see is Volvo.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Volvo I dont believe has more capture on that market. We see BMW, VW, Audi, Skoda ruling the global market in mid range segment. Also Lexus is popular in the US. Talking about the overall market ownership, Chevrolet seems a big race. General Motors has made sure they leave no market unturned. They have come up with at least 3-4 models for every market.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear CEans, September 2013 is going to be a super-exciting month for all of you! We've two important announcements to make - Announcement I : CEoM September 2013 Has More...
I had used all the search engines and found these to be more adaptive,informative and competitive . Though Google is the present search engine giant Do you think it is...
I realize that this may be more appropriate in Chillax. However, this is a real problem and the situation depicted may well happen in real life. https://dotsub.com/view/6c5d7514-5656-476a-9504-07dd4e2f6509
We depend a lot on encryption to prevent access to sensitive data in the belief that the techniques used make it not worthwhile for hackers to get at data. New...
This engineering podcast considers the various debates around the row on Heathrow proposal for new terminal, The hype on the Hyperloop train and autonomous automobiles: https://www.theengineer.co.uk/the-en...ains, automobiles and other&cmpid=tenews_4667