VLC Media Player Tips & Tricks

VLC media player, you all might agree, is one of the best media players on Windows, Linux and OSX platforms. When it comes to supporting various media file formats, VLC is second to none. I'm dedicating this thread for compiling all the cool tips and tricks that you can apply to the VLC. Let me get started -

Download VLC Media Player: Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

Video Jigsaw: Head over to Video Effects and Select Geometry -> Enable Puzzle Game. Then select how many columns and rows you want to display in your puzzle. Enjoy!

Convert Videos, Free: This is simply mind-blowing. In the world of several media players and format converters; VLC rules! Head over to Media and then go to Convert / Save File. Select the output file format for your video and get started. VLC will convert several media formats of your choice.

Share more tips and tricks in this thread 😀

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This is Amazing, That's why I Love VLC. 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Indeed it is wonderful piece of software!

Here's another trick to take snapshots of the videos:

Go to Tools > Preferences > Video. Under video snapshots, enter the directory, a prefix, check ‘sequential numbering’ and choose a format. The default is .png.​
    To take the snapshot while the video is playing, go to Video > Snapshot.​
    Alternatively, you can take a snapshot using the keyboard with the hotkey [Shift] + S. ​
    To use a button to take a snapshot, go to Tools > Advanced Controls. The snapshot button appears on the playback bar.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the typical shelf life of a modem? I have a modem that was bought new an year ago. Is it the case that it's performance deteriorates after a...
European LSA (Light Sport Aircraft) manufacturer has launched Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer $83000; which is way cheaper than the $100k LSAs used for training pilots. The aircraft is ideal choice for...
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. As a CS 2011 graduate, I am looking for a job right now. But as you know job market is kinda dead...
A lot of engineers in 6th sem & 8th sem must be aware of the companies that will be visiting your campus in coming months. Please share the names of...
Dedicating this thread to share the news about the companies visiting in the colleges near you for "Open Campus" Placement. For the un-aware : Open Campus Placement Drives are open...