CrazyEngineers
  • VLC media player, you all might agree, is one of the best media players on Windows, Linux and OSX platforms. When it comes to supporting various media file formats, VLC is second to none. I'm dedicating this thread for compiling all the cool tips and tricks that you can apply to the VLC. Let me get started -

Download VLC Media Player: Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

Video Jigsaw: Head over to Video Effects and Select Geometry -> Enable Puzzle Game. Then select how many columns and rows you want to display in your puzzle. Enjoy!

Convert Videos, Free: This is simply mind-blowing. In the world of several media players and format converters; VLC rules! Head over to Media and then go to Convert / Save File. Select the output file format for your video and get started. VLC will convert several media formats of your choice.

Share more tips and tricks in this thread 😀
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberDec 1, 2011

This is Amazing, That's why I Love VLC. 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorDec 1, 2011

Indeed it is wonderful piece of software!

Here's another trick to take snapshots of the videos:

Go to Tools > Preferences > Video. Under video snapshots, enter the directory, a prefix, check ‘sequential numbering’ and choose a format. The default is .png.
    To take the snapshot while the video is playing, go to Video > Snapshot.
    Alternatively, you can take a snapshot using the keyboard with the hotkey [Shift] + S.
    To use a button to take a snapshot, go to Tools > Advanced Controls. The snapshot button appears on the playback bar.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register