virtual inductance

can anyone tell the meaning and operation of virtual inductance

Replies

• Donagh
    Donagh
    I have heard only one instance of virtual inductance. It was back in RF circuits at college where we were designing base load terminated transmission lines that depending on what length they were would act as virtual inductors or capacitors.
  • praveen_EEE
    praveen_EEE
    but could u please tell me how it works... what is the main working function for virtual inductance...
  • Donagh
    Donagh
    It’s kind of a long story, the only advice I can give you about this is to find a radio frequency circuit design book and have a good read... OH WAIT!
    another meaning of it could be that it is an equivalent inductance. Say for a circuit diagram to make solving problems easier you would stack all of your inductances into one virtual inductor in order to make your calculations easier.
    Like when your modelling an induction motor.
  • praveen_EEE
    praveen_EEE
    thank you boss... you meant to say this type of inductance are only used for the calculation purpose.. am i right...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CNN perhaps doesn't know the standards at which Toyota engineers its cars. Or say, the author does not know the way engineering functions. In its recent article, it CNN says,...
Windows 8 is going to be 'one OS' to rule all the platforms. But Windows registry shows that the OS will ship in 9 different flavors :- Windows 8 Starter...
Hi, i m working on a fully equipped spybot cum all terrain surveillance robo. But i am really facing some trouble in deciding the scheme to mobilize it. I want...
Engineers (even CEans) are leary of engines that seem to violate the laws of thermodynamics. Here is an example of a working wind driven vehicle that travels down wind faster...
"Inductors are large and bulky,and they cant be much improved regarding their size and weight!" Very true indeed!!!! But guess what we can replace an inductor and simulate its function...