video processing in matlab

Hey,

I am trying to analyze some videos where a surface is moving. I have the video files in avi format, but i don't know how to get matlab to read them. I think i need to split the movie files into individual frames, but I cant find the command to have matlab load a movie that was not captured using the matlab (I am referring to the pendulum tutorial.)

If anyone can help, it would be great.

Casey

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Hey, You know, Matlab has the best HELP files I have ever seen in a technical program, which is included with the CD itself!!

Secondly, I think you must use the search function on Crazyengineers, as I have already written a lot about this same topic.
  • ILIKEMATH
    ILIKEMATH
    Yeah, I have looked at both, I am just having trouble finding a program that will split the avi into jpeg or tiff files. I don't want to use one of the screen shot programs because i will loose so much resolution that way.

thanks,

casey

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys.....am kavya here...n it feels good to b a part of somthin tats crazy n somthin tats new😀.......!!! wid dis can u guys let me no some major projects...
In Africa most cars used are manual driven cars. Often, most cars jerks upon initial starting of the car b,cos the driven and driver shafts are not disengarged by applying...
Excerpt from International Herald Tribune - World News, Analysis, and Global Opinions "The mood was somber in the packed auditorium at Lehman Brothers international headquarters at Canary Wharf. "It's over,"...
hi i joined it as i feel that a successful enginer has to be a bit crazy about his engineering work i am still in engg studies can a engineer...
Hi ppl,i m a CS eng student,i need a brief details about the article Grid cpmputing. please send me ....