Using Instant Messengers In Office

The instant messengers have been one of the greatly admired applications on the Internet.

IMs are a great way to communicate in real time. However, some of the corporations block the access to IMs.

What do you think? Should usage of Instant Messenger be allowed in offices? 😁

Replies

• kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Its a good thing, I don't think there is any disadvantage of using IMs.
    So I think IMs should be allowed or rather encouraged to use IMs in offices. 😀
  • gohm
    gohm
    If the office is using IM for inter office communications then fine, otherwise they can prohibit usage as they see fit. Quite frankly with cell, e-mail and voicemail I'm busy enough with communications at work to need yet another form.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Usage IM in place of inter-office memos, and one liner mails is perfect. A lot of companies use this, in fact is a must for a virtual office setup. You can see the SameTime application in all the big firms, IBM, HP, Infosys, et al.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well.. the limit should be intranet IM. Even that, you'd might start chatting with a co worker friend at any time as you would during a lunch break.

So much for productivity 😉

If you want to encourage the use of IMs to have a synergy of information sharing for the sake of work, you'd have to educate the personnel on how to use it properly (and not abuse it).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Momo Monsoon 2008 ​ Date: Aug 30, 2008 Venue: IIMB, Bangalore (India) Over 260 million people in India now own mobile phones & this is expected to reach 500 million...
4 criminals are caught and are to be punished. The Judge allows them to be freed if they can solve a puzzle. If they do not, they will be hung....
i'm a final year engg. student . i plan to do a project in embedded systems "Voice based activation and control of system devices "-using 89c51 i need ideas in...
hi i m final year student and i want to make grasss cutting m/c which senses the grass and its process is not on electricity but on engine and no...
Hi people, I need help with installing visual studio 2008. The Problem is whenevr I try to run setup it shows an error message "Problem encountered with Suite Integration Pack"....