CrazyEngineers
  • The instant messengers have been one of the greatly admired applications on the Internet.

IMs are a great way to communicate in real time. However, some of the corporations block the access to IMs.

What do you think? Should usage of Instant Messenger be allowed in offices? 😁
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • kedarjk

MemberAug 28, 2008

Its a good thing, I don't think there is any disadvantage of using IMs.
    So I think IMs should be allowed or rather encouraged to use IMs in offices. 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberAug 28, 2008

If the office is using IM for inter office communications then fine, otherwise they can prohibit usage as they see fit. Quite frankly with cell, e-mail and voicemail I'm busy enough with communications at work to need yet another form.
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberAug 28, 2008

Usage IM in place of inter-office memos, and one liner mails is perfect. A lot of companies use this, in fact is a must for a virtual office setup. You can see the SameTime application in all the big firms, IBM, HP, Infosys, et al.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberAug 28, 2008

Well.. the limit should be intranet IM. Even that, you'd might start chatting with a co worker friend at any time as you would during a lunch break.

So much for productivity 😉

If you want to encourage the use of IMs to have a synergy of information sharing for the sake of work, you'd have to educate the personnel on how to use it properly (and not abuse it).
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register