Useless JOB PORTALS

Can anyone tell me the mantra for getting interview calls on naukri.com? I have been applying for the post of Java developer for past 3 months but forget about interview calls I am not getting a single profile view. I keep my profile updated as much as I can.
It makes me sick when I see some of my below average friends who were clueless about their life working in good companies with the help of some DHAKKA(push) whereas I who had a genuine interest in engineering is sitting idle and has become from good to pathetic. For me everyday counts and I have started the feeling the frustration of not getting job.
Any advice?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think Naukri hasn't improved since ages and you need to take new approach to your job hunt. Start looking at startup job boards such as hasgeek and others. There are very limited ones.

One thing you could do is directly submit your profile to the target companies through their online recruitment portal.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    On the contrary, naukri.com is the best of all the portals available imo. I've an first hand experience. I've received at least 10 calls within a week from naukri.com. Same profile throughout all the portals. Others, let alone call, they don't even give relevant job listing to my mail. I am into VLSI and I get a UX design engineer or Metal sheet design engineer as "Relevant for you" jobs. But here's the catch, it's helpful only if you're an experienced professional. As a fresher, I doubt it'll be of any help considering you're in India.

I'd suggest you create a linked in, find some people in your relevant field, preferably from a startup and talk to them. And when I say talk, don't just send them your resume with a long message advertising yourselves. Ask them politely if they could provide you with any opportunities and if and only if they ask you, send them your resume.
  • Deadman
    Deadman
    That's the catch everybody wants experience and a long list of skills.😔
    Anyways I have account in linked in and I shall put it to some use.
  • Bhavin Hunj
    Bhavin Hunj

Useless JOB PORTALS

Can anyone tell me the mantra for getting interview calls on naukri.com? I have been applying for the post of Accountant for past 3 months but forget about interview calls I am not getting a single profile view. I keep my profile updated as much as I can.

I  applied  for  accounts  profile job.  I  started  getting  calls  from  fake  companies  stating  that  you  have  got  a  job as  ticketing manager  in  Air India  airlines.  You  have  to  pay an  amount of Rs 3500  as  security deposit which is refundable  after you get  a job.   All fraudsters and  Scamsters  also   register   themselves  as  Hr  recruiter  on  naukri.com.   Very  Pathetic  service  by  naukri.com

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

That indeed is true. Most of the job sites will sell your data. That's the main business they are in. We receive several offers for buying all the information of our users; but we shamelessly refuse. 

The thing is that, these job portals do not verify the recruiters. Anyone can pay some money and become a recruiter and get access to tens of thousands of candidate resumes. 

It's too early to talk; but are working on a job search engine exclusively for engineers. We've identified common problems that both candidates and recruiters face and believe we can solve them. The current jobs finder that we have is an extension of Monster - a leading recruiter. You can try applying for jobs on Monster. Give it a try.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I'm going to take ISTQB exam in the next month can you please provide me previous papers if anyone have. Also I need your tips(best book for refference,links),so...
I am appearing for cdac this sunday in bangalore,help me about types of questions and tell me about best center,and courses i have selected A+B category!
How can I join a core company as I am final year mechanical engineering student..i need job as soon as complete degree and problem is I have 55% and not...
Hi. I am a b.tech ece graduate with 60% marks and arrears cleared. I am planning to do a course in Networking field , but dont know where to start....
A warm greeting to all CE ans .i have some doubts regarding internships and about campus interview.hope i get solutions here. i have just now completed my 3rd semester (information...