USBtoSerial Converter

Harshad Italiya submitted a new project:

#-Link-Snipped-# - Low cost USB to Serial Converter

USBtoSerial
USB to Serial is a low cost, easy to use and multipurpose device. Now a days we are running out of Serial COM port on PC and Laptop. As the name suggest, using this USB to Serial you can use your USB port as a Serial COM port. It supports USB to UART 3.3V, USB to UART 5V and USB to RS232 conversion including hardware flow control.

It also have Xbee compatible socket where you can connect any compatible breakout board and have a access directly...
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• themask
    themask
    How this differs from a readily available product (USB to Serial adapter).
    I've negligible knowledge in Electronics. But interested in that to learn.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    themask
    How this differs from a readily available product (USB to Serial adapter).
    I've negligible knowledge in Electronics. But interested in that to learn.
    First of all it's price far less than the available in market + It has ZigBee adapter so you can directly put Zigbee compatible modules on this board and start hands-on.

One more thing is adapter available in market has no option for 3.3 and 5v TTL signal but on this board you can have that.
  • themask
    themask
    Thanks for the reply. How can I make one for myself?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    themask
    Thanks for the reply. How can I make one for myself?
    You can buy one if you want to use. 😀
  • DADISETTY GOVIND
    DADISETTY GOVIND
    whats this serial converter why it is used
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DADISETTY LAXMI GOVIND
    whats this serial converter why it is used
    It is used to convert serial data you can also say TTL signal into USB which basically creates virtual com port.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    but most of these which we get in market doesnt work... only few and rare and not for all applications..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    bobgalle
    but most of these which we get in market doesnt work... only few and rare and not for all applications..
    Yeah ! They are cheaper one. You know this board also have RS232 and TTL both option. So whatever your end device is you can still view the data on PC/Laptop by USB port.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have seen there are some simulator available for basic Electronics devices like Pspice, Proteus, Circuit Lab. They are providing simulations for the basic electronics parts like Controller, Resistor, Diodes,...
I want to make final yr projct.My colge want me to make projct that has new concpts and on d odr hand dey dont accpt websites.I em cnfsd nw abt...
Hello CrazyEngineers. Name: Akhilesh Garud Engineering Trade: Electrical and Power Engineering College: S.R.C.O.E.M (Nagpur) Occupation: Student(in 3rd year right now) Hobbies & Interests: Watching Football,movies,reading(a little). I love to play...
Here is an interesting contest for wheels enthusiasts. India is included in entry rules. Quote: In the Wheels Contest, we want to see what YOU can make with wheels -...
The ten projects that did best in May at Instructables are together here: https://www.instructables.com/id/10-Best-Projects-of-May/