Urgent help in c language

1-what is the best compiler used with eclipse c\c++ i used mingw but not ok (Can't find a source file at "../mingw/crt1.c"
Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location)& used gcc make problem with my hard so what is the best can any one here help me ?

2‎-what does that mean
int main(int argc, char **argv)?

&&& thank you

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Eclipse is complex IDE, you can try codeblocks for C programming. Much better than eclipse. It comes with integrated minGW compiler.

shiny mind
    int main(int argc, char **argv)
    This notation is used to take argument from command line. argc stores the number of arguments and argv holds the pointers to variables.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    shiny mind
    1-what is the best compiler used with eclipse c\c++ i used mingw but not ok (Can't find a source file at "../mingw/crt1.c"
    Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location)& used gcc make problem with my hard so what is the best can any one here help me ?

2‎-what does that mean

&&& thank you
    **argv means that it is a pointer to the pointer to the variable argv.
    in simple terms,
    let x=*y.
    that means x stores the value of pointer to y.
    then p=*x
    so p stores the value of pointer to x.
    therefore, p=**y.
  • ysr shk
    ysr shk
    2‎-what does that mean
    Here, argc is used to store argument count.That will be helpful to retrive the count of variables passed from command line.
    And **argv ,generally stands for Argument Vector. It uses ** because it's not a single string,it's a string array.This will help you to directly call that string in program. If there is an * it equals to char c[],and ** is equals to char c[][].
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    The CodeBlock10 does not comes with an integrated compiler . I installed GCC compiler so was working perfect ! I faced this issue . Some one can shed some torchlight on it . I might be wrong (always use to be 👎 )!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone! İ need to help one point,i must find the one second order differential equation when solved the sallen and key high pass filter..Anyone can help me?Thanks a lot...
Please check if my answers are correct and tell me if it is correct to give the answers to two decimal places?
While placing order on Flipkart, I noticed that Flipkart no longer uses CCAveneue - one of the most preferred payment gateways in India (it allows transactions in Indian Rupees). However,...
Professional Profile​24 years of demonstrated experience with Aditya Birla Group including last 16 years exclusively in Strategic Procurement, Vendor Development, Contract Management, Materials Management, Supplier Relationship Management & System up...
I have a B.E in electronics and I have applied for the post of Section Engineer (Signalling/Telecommunication/Automatic Fare Collection) in Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. The qualification required is Four...