upload vs download bandwidth consumption

One simple doubt in terms of uploading and downloading from internet..

Which Uses more bandwidth...UPLOAD OR DOWNLOAD...a content of same size..

OR IS IT MERELY THE SAME??

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    aysncronous data speed, leads to different data speeds for upload and downlaod , may be that is the reason why you find uploading takes more time than downloading or vice versa. Bandwidht is just a trem used to define the speed at which you can send or recieve data ( remeber Bits/second?? ). For the same data packet the transmisssion rate can be different
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    i guess there is generally some bandwidth reserved for both upload and download............correct me if i m wrong.........
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    When you initiate an upload or download, a small amount of bandwidth is used for the HTTP Requests. Then the download or upload starts. For example, there is a file attach.zip and it is 10 MB in size. In a typical 256 kbps connection, each second, it is capable of transfer of 32 KB. This means, when you initiate a download, a HTTP Request of 32 KB is sent first to the server and the download begins. So, after your download, your traffic consumption will be 32 KB up and 10240 KB down, which totals to 10272 KB. The same applies for Upload. But in this case, it would be 10272 KB up only. Hope this helps you. 😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Andreolst
    Sometime I faced the problem in downloading of some files that they doesn't downloaded in the perfect way, and show like that file is corrupt.did you know what is the solution for this problem.
    Might be the browser didn't support pause and resume. This might leave out a few bytes! 😔 Redownloading the whole file is the solution... 😀
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    I still dont get the reason "Why upload speed is slower than download speed". I dont know this really happens but i have felt so.
    @ durga Can you please tell what is asynchornus data speed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi to all CE, I HAVE A LITTLE BIT DOUBT REGARDING NEGATIVE FREQUENCY,USUALLY ENCOUNTERED WHILE DEALING WITH TRANSFORMS..... my question is... why we take negative frequencies while dealing with transforms,...
It's still the beginning of march and weather is already so hot. I wonder what will the condition be in April, moreover in May. I hope the thermometers don't break...
With the rising temperature and melting of ice at the poles do you think that the world will come to an end because of the imbalance in nature? Also there...
If you are a movie buff and interested in animation or sort, then animated movies are a must watch. The expressions, feelings are so vibrant yet at the same time...
Hi frnds.. How the blinking of LED in the digital energy meter can be sensed? whether it is possible to sense the blinking of LED of digital energy meter using...