Universal Mobile Charger using Microwave power

Hi guys,

The name itself implies that, the Mobile battery gets charged without the Charger chord.

Using Magnetron, we can convert Electrical energy to Microwave energy, this energy is transmitted through the tower and is received by Rectanna which is a small circuit placed in our mobile, that converts Microwave energy back to Electrical energy.

Give me your suggestion regarding this idea..................

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: Universal Charger

Welcome to CE, icebalaji!

Yep, its a very desired situation.. check out the discussion about Intel's experiments on this:

#-Link-Snipped-#

At the moment, it is important to remember that we cannot transmit high power microwaves in public, lest it fries the human being carrying the mobile phone πŸ˜‰ Its better to look towards reducing the power consumption of the phone down to the point in which the "stand by" mode will be less than the EM waves it is receiving. The next target is reducing the consumption of the active talk mode.
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    this can b problmatic,, as the high power EM waves can cause seviour probs
  • icebalaji
    icebalaji
    sorry crazies, i think that it wont require such high power transmission, because our mobile battery consumes only 3 - 4 volts.
    am i right?

give me more suggestions guys........................
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    i know mobile works on nearly 3-4v ,, but when any base station transmits the signals for mobiles it uses a nearly 50KW and when mobile receives it,its in mv.so just think that to receive the signal for3-4V how many power will be required
  • lda
    lda
    icebalaji
    sorry crazies, i think that it wont require such high power transmission, because our mobile battery consumes only 3 - 4 volts.
    am i right?

give me more suggestions guys........................
    plz can u guide me for the same
    i m in need 4seminar purpose
  • icebalaji
    icebalaji
    then can u say how much KW requires for 3 - 4v?

give me more suggestions..................................
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    dude jsut think 50KW gives nearly 30mv

go on multiplying u will get the ans roughly...

and practily its not applicable or we can say harmful..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    icebalaji
    then can u say how much KW requires for 3 - 4v?

give me more suggestions..................................
    Hard to tell exactly. You'd need to figure out the current consumption of your mobile to figure out how much power it uses. Do this experiment:

1. Find out the capacity of your fully charged mobile battery (could be 700mAH)
    2. Multiply it with the voltage to get watt hour (e.g for 4v, its 4x700 = 2800mWH)
    3. Time how long battery lasts on standby (you can find it in the specs, but its more accurate to just measure yourself, since we are engineers πŸ˜‰ )
    4. Divide the watt hour value you got in step 2 with this time (in hours).
    5. This is the power your phone consumes at the minimum.

Finding out how much power you get from the BTS depends on how far you are from it and how many users are connected to it πŸ˜€ But as shadeslayer said, the amount you actually get is very little.. just enough to propagate information to the user. I'd wager its around tens of milliwatts.

If the microwave antenna is more directional in the azimuth, you might get more power received.. perhaps up to 1W (within regulations). But from a commercial point of view, you only serve very few mobile users that way.. and the concept of "cellular" becomes moot.

So, perhaps a "charging" mobile tower should be separate from the standard transceiver stations. If people want to charge their phones, they'd have to go to a specific area πŸ˜‰
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    few months back i seen some reivews regarding some tesla exp in which thy were transmiting the power wireless ly... some articaly related to that was also printed by IEEE.. may be it was a part of artical called bird plane..

try to search it out.. i worked on it littel bit ,, they ued that to fly the metalsheets also ..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shadeslayer
    few months back i seen some reivews regarding some tesla exp in which thy were transmiting the power wireless ly... some articaly related to that was also printed by IEEE.. may be it was a part of artical called bird plane..

try to search it out.. i worked on it littel bit ,, they ued that to fly the metalsheets also ..
    Yep, Intel has done recent experiments on that. We have a discussion here on CE:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • icebalaji
    icebalaji
    shadeslayer
    dude jsut think 50KW gives nearly 30mv

go on multiplying u will get the ans roughly...

and practily its not applicable or we can say harmful..

whether this 50KW power is used for mobile communication?
  • chetansharma01
    chetansharma01
    seems nice .....

i am in final year doing b.tech in electrical & electronics from UPTU, agra. I want all the requirements to complete this project.

This project can help me in scoring marks in my internals.

Plz mail me as soon as possible on😁

Admin note: Please avoid off-topic posts.
  • icebalaji
    icebalaji
    hi CE's. I calculate that the value is 6000KW and it is not possible to transmit through microwave, but we can transmit the same power (30mv) using now, and it is boosted to the voltage which charge the battery.

Give me more suggestions....................................
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    yeh 50kw is used
  • shocky_mcsparks
    shocky_mcsparks
    Occam's razor anyone?

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but there are a lot of very high efficiency methods to recharge a battery. Blasting microwaves across the territory is not one of them.

I am a complete noob here, and I may very well be out of line with the goals of this forum by saying so. If so please excuse the intrusion.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Haha, yep, there are indeed more efficient ways πŸ˜€ I think we are trying to seek a more non-intrusive and "embedded" method for recharging.

We don't need to increase the power output of microwaves, I suppose. If we can reduce the power consumption of the mobile device, that'll open up opportunities for long range wireless charging. We should really take advantage of electromagnetic waves. Imagine, if we can already create a radio that only gets powered solely by EM waves its receiving, we can use low powered microwaves for many applications!
  • TigerBait
    TigerBait
    hi engineers, do universal wireless chargers (the ones that are a pad/surface not tower)work on mircowaves to?

I am a designer trying to intregrate this technology into furniture/interior

i would like the energy to pass through a thin peice of wood smallest 2mm is this possible?

can any of you guys make this technology?

nice to meet you πŸ˜‰
  • elecguy86
    elecguy86
    yaa this is true now u can recharge ur mobile or lapy form a distance and that to without using wires...
    just check this out..
    u can make it as major project also...

Click:-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • lucky***
    lucky***
    Hi, can you provide me some information or material regarding this topic??
    I have planned of giving a seminar presentation on this topic..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi

i dint know about this site ,infact i came across it when i'd searched for a seminar topic..thats about 5 minutes ago..anyway im glad to tell you that this site...
i m 3rd year mechanical student. give sme good project ideas on thermal subjects, energy sub, fluid. plz help me outπŸ˜•
i have this 17 inch proview monitor that keeps on shorting out D632 and Q630 in the horiz ckt when i input the monitor with a video signal, here is...
Hi everyone, Has anyone done MCSA or MCSE certification? May I know the details about it?
hey all.. in our college we are organizing techfeest on 25th=27th of sep and nearly at the same time we have meeing of CEans at mumbai... then why not the...