Undo a sent mail on Gmail - We all need this

This has happened to all of us. We click the send button, and in a moment realize that we sent it to the wrong person! 😲 eek!

And now there is no undo or rewind button!

But, now we have remedy for this due to a little known feature that was added to Gmail Labs this month.

(Note that: Labs is a testing space and anything in there is subject to change.)

To enable 'Undo Send':

1. Log in to Gmail and go to Google Labs. It's in the left-top-corner >>go to More>> go to Even More

2. In the column on the right, click "Labs."

3. Click "Gmail Labs" in the column on the right.

4. Scroll down all the way to the bottom until you see "Undo Send."

Click "enable" and "Save changes"

5. Now, go back to the main Gmail page and click "Settings" in the top right. You should also see your green Labs icon there now. This will let you go straight to Labs from now on.

6. Scroll down to "Undo Send" -- it should be right above "My Picture." Your default should be set to 10 seconds. But you can use the drop-down bar to stretch that to 30 seconds.

7. Scroll down and hit "Save Changes."

8. To undo an email, just look for the box at the top of the screen that will have the words "Your message has been sent." After that, you should see the "Undo" option. Click that and you'll be sent back to the e-mail's draft form, where you'll have 30 seconds to edit or delete it before it goes out.

[Source: CNN Technology]

I know that 30 seconds is too less. But then, technology gives us very less chances to correct our mistakes. 😁

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Wow.. Cool..
    Ya, this is a good option. I have wanted such an option quite sometimes..
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    I am already using this feature it is very cool feature provided by the g-mail.

Here is the link gives you the way to enable this feature:-#-Link-Snipped-#
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    nice oneπŸ˜€

thanks. i really need these πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is a good option in Gmail. I'm thinking, what if we could delete any mail we've sent any time we want? For example, if I send mail to a friend and after a day or two, I think I shouldn't have sent the mail, I should be able to delete it from my friend's mailbox [at least, this can be implemented if the mail is unread ].

What do you think?
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @sir really nice Thinking.

And i think it would be better if we have also the option to edit an sent mail if it is unread.

Any one having ideas how to make this feature available for the senders.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    hello sir,
    If we are able to delete the recent sended mail. And resend again. Then as a whole we can able to edit the email sended by ourself.
    am i correct ??
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Thank you. Nice find.
  • callyD
    callyD
    I tend to forget to attach attachments until just after I hit send! This will be a big help.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    This is a good option in Gmail. I'm thinking, what if we could delete any mail we've sent any time we want? For example, if I send mail to a friend and after a day or two, I think I shouldn't have sent the mail, I should be able to delete it from my friend's mailbox [at least, this can be implemented if the mail is unread ].

What do you think?
    I don't know. While I feel its very useful, there are some implications of this. Security wise, you'll need some universal authentication methods to make sure only the sender can delete their email in another persons inbox. It would also have to be compatible with all email exchange systems and might be process intensive if your email was sent to a group. Socially, and I believe is more important, since the proposed system relies on whether the email is read or unread, there will be privacy concerns. I really don't want my sender to know if I've read their email yet or not πŸ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm totally new to GPS and I've my first phone that's aGPS enabled πŸ˜› , so pardon my ignorance. I'm trying to get Google Earth / Maps working on Samsung...
Indian researcher, Hari Prasad, one of the team members who had exposed the ways the electronic voting machines of India can be tampered is arrested. The arrest of the researcher,...
Scientist are developing a computer which works on human thinking. This new technology by Intel enables computer users to search on Internet simply just by their thoughts.If it does then...
Mr. Hari K Prasad, the MD of NetIndia [Read: CE's Exclusive Small Talk with Mr. Hari K. Prasad on Hacking The Indian EVMs ] who demonstrated that the Indian Electronic...
I need help with my third year project... Airline Reservation Managemnet System implement in Java , use JDBC ans SQL