Ultra capacitors

i read about ultra capacitors that store energy (or u can say charge ) in hybrid cars. my question is why are'nt these capacitors replacing lead acid batteries which pollute the environment on disposing . do these capacitors have any drawbacks? is there any difference between a capacitor and a battery?
thanx in advance........๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    buddy,capacitor stores charge were as batteries generate charge using chemical reactions,the biggest disadvantage of capacitors is that it cant hold charge for long as far as i know no capacitors is still capable to hold charge as long as batteries life,and both require a source too,well fuel-cells are best option to replace batteries!!!
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    sauravgoswami
    buddy,capacitor stores charge were as batteries generate charge using chemical reactions,the biggest disadvantage of capacitors is that it cant hold charge for long as far as i know no capacitors is still capable to hold charge as long as batteries life,and both require a source too,well fuel-cells are best option to replace batteries!!!
    right.............
  • me_crazy
    me_crazy
    To delve into Capacitors you can read:#-Link-Snipped-# and you can see also:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Category: The problem(s) I'd love to solve (as an engineer). Content: Present day civilization is facing the need of a source of energy that will Produce electrical energy being pollution-free,...
hi everyone on CE, its really a great site to be taken part and expecting a lot of support from all u guys.....
i want to know about admission in c-dac pune institute for the desd or dabc course. Actually i m a final year student and i want to join the institute...
Most of my life (and yours too, if you didn't know) is being guided by Murphy's Laws. So why not collect them in this thread and be alert to what's...
Let's face it. Almost every company has the HR department. HR stands for Human Resources department. I've a question. Can we really call 'humans' as 'resources'? You have office furniture,...