CrazyEngineers
  • hinduja.prasad
    hinduja.prasad

MemberDec 28, 2008

Ultra capacitors

i read about ultra capacitors that store energy (or u can say charge ) in hybrid cars. my question is why are'nt these capacitors replacing lead acid batteries which pollute the environment on disposing . do these capacitors have any drawbacks? is there any difference between a capacitor and a battery?
    thanx in advance........😁
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • sauravgoswami

MemberDec 29, 2008

buddy,capacitor stores charge were as batteries generate charge using chemical reactions,the biggest disadvantage of capacitors is that it cant hold charge for long as far as i know no capacitors is still capable to hold charge as long as batteries life,and both require a source too,well fuel-cells are best option to replace batteries!!!
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • shadeslayer

MemberDec 29, 2008

sauravgoswami
    buddy,capacitor stores charge were as batteries generate charge using chemical reactions,the biggest disadvantage of capacitors is that it cant hold charge for long as far as i know no capacitors is still capable to hold charge as long as batteries life,and both require a source too,well fuel-cells are best option to replace batteries!!!
    right.............
    Cancel
  • me_crazy

MemberJan 1, 2009

To delve into Capacitors you can read:#-Link-Snipped-# and you can see also:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register