Tycho Brahe - The One Passenger Suborbital Capsule Will Take You 100 Miles Up In The Sky

Copenhagen Suborbitals aka CS is building the 'Tycho Brahe' - a one passenger suborbital capsule that will take you about 100 miles in the sky but may not let you move your hands to click photos with your latest point and shoot camera. Why? Because it's probably the world's tinnest suborbital capsule. The main aim of CS is to make the space flight possible without governments, larger corporations & paperwork. The Tycho Brahe has been designed for a ballistic flight to attain peak altitude of 100 miles. Unfortunately, the passenger won't have any control over the capsule throughout the flight. Still interested? Read on...

[​IMG]
Tycho Brahe Cross Section

The capsule is indeed a tiny one with weight just about 300 kgs, total diameter of about 2 ft., overall length about 11.5 ft and passenger cabin length of just 7.5 ft. The passenger will have the luxury of enjoying the outer views through a semi-spherical window. The capsule will maintain the pressure of 1 bar inside the cabin to make you comfortable. With such a small room available for the passenger, it'd be impossible to experience the zero 'g' floating. In case things go wrong, the passenger will have to use the personal parachute and eject out of the cabin.

[​IMG]
Tycho Brahe Passenger Cabin

The dare devils may check out Tycho Brahe's #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The research engineers from the University of Strathclyde's Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering may just have found a breakthrough in harnessing solar power in space. Project Suaineadh was an...
Just two months back, we got the news of Linux 3.3 Release that had Android support included. And now, Linus Torvalds has announced the release of Linux 3.4. Apart from...
A cautionary tale from Pixar in the form of a video reveals how it had lost Toy Story 2 altogether. The video was available as an extra on the Blu-ray...
They told me I could be anything, so I became an inventor. Yes, you can now say that with pride. The Makey Makey Invention Kit designed by two MIT Media...
A team of computer science engineers from University of Nevada, Reno comprising of Kostas Bekris and Eelke Folmer combined human-computer interaction and motion-planning research to develop a cost effective indoor...