Two stroke petrol engine

please anybody tell me the working of two stroke petrol engine . I didn't i understand it in the class . please .

Replies

• srksakthik
    srksakthik
    nitesh mishra
    please anybody tell me the working of two stroke petrol engine . I didn't i understand it in the class . please .
    the working of two stroke petrol engine is some what complicated one,
    It has three ports and no Valves, inlet port, exhaust port, Transfer port.
    All of them are controlled by the movement of piston
    The air fuel mixture enters through inlet port and enters the cylinder through crank case and transfer port,
    inside the cylinder the combustion and exhaust takes place at the same time,. This is the main drawback of two stroke petrol engine
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    thank you all for helping me .
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    in two stroke engines the inlet air is compressed twice. first in the crankcase , then in the cylinder by the piston.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You appear to be a biomedical engineer. how come you are studying about I.C engines in class ?
  • nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    it is compulsory to study I.C engine in first year for all groups
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    oh you mean the subject called "basic mechanical engineering" ?
  • jaspal rautela
    jaspal rautela
    srksakthik
    the working of two stroke petrol engine is some what complicated one,
    It has three ports and no Valves, inlet port, exhaust port, Transfer port.
    All of them are controlled by the movement of piston
    The air fuel mixture enters through inlet port and enters the cylinder through crank case and transfer port,
    inside the cylinder the combustion and exhaust takes place at the same time,. This is the main drawback of two stroke petrol engine
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    jaspal rautela asks: what about two stroke diesal engine??
    what exactly do you want to know about the 2-stroke diesel engine ?
  • jaspal rautela
    jaspal rautela
    its working?
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    It's similar to 2-stroke petrol engine, but here air comes in as fuel and there is no spark plug, instead of that there is fuel injector . when the air is compressed ,fuel injector injects diesel and combustion takes place and after that exhaust.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar

this might help you to understand.
  • jaspal rautela
    jaspal rautela
    what is the function of flywheel and crankshaft?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    jaspal rautela
    what is the function of flywheel and crankshaft?
    crankshaft : to transmit power and convert motion

flywheel : to store energy.

Dude, don't you think you have asked this question for the thousandth time ?
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    zaveri
    crankshaft : to transmit power and convert motion

flywheel : to store energy.

Dude, don't you think you have asked this question for the thousandth time ?
    I am agree with you man!
    especially with the last line!!! 😉😉😉
  • nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    zaveri
    oh you mean the subject called "basic mechanical engineering" ?
    yes the basic mechanical engineering

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yes. It is expected that the CAT 2012 notification will be out this Sunday. The sale of forms might commence on 30th of July and will go on till 17th...
The Google team is thrilled to announce our first g|day events in India. We're looking forward to engaging with this community of developers, business leaders, IT professionals and entrepreneurs who...
I have a wd passport essential hard drive am using it for the past 2 yrs, now not being used for couple of days today i check it shows to...
hi guys........crazy engineers......here is your new peer,am RAMAMOORTHY SRINIVASAN from chennai,i have completed my electrical and electronics engineering at thangavelu engineering college,an anna university affiliated institution(at june 2012).am a cool...
I wish to know how to create and deploy the web services in java. I just want to add two numbers using Java.