Turn any surface into interactive touch surface with LuminAR

LuminAR is an interesting project that replaces your light bulb with a much sophisticated system that employs a camera, projector and software that lets the system identify virtual objects. This system is quite interesting and may find some really interesting uses. For example, the shops can use this system to display product prices next to the products. The designers can use the system in innovative ways as well. I wrote about the system on VoiCE: #-Link-Snipped-#

LuminAR-Augmented-Reality

I'd imagine this system to project virtual keyboards on any flat surface so that you don't have to carry bulky keyboards along with your tablets.

I'm thinking this could be an interesting project electronics and electrical engineers can work on. What improvements do you suggest in the system and how can it be made more innovative?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Some issues I found is that the interference is tracked by IR variations That can be great limitation in the case of areas having adverse temperature shift. But this tech is new and hope we see some new innovations there to replace this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Friends Today i installed true caller on my mobile, I was quite impressed with its functionality,but was wondering How it works Any Idea? Update: CEO of TrueCaller, Alan Mamedi...
hi, i was just going through the material concerned with the recent DTN technology and found that it is based on BUNDLED PROTOCOL that is a refined version of Internet...
hi, I just want to inquire if there is any significant variation in the concepts that we study in industrial electronics compared to what we study in power electronic course....
If you were thinking that WebOS is dead, you're about to be proven wrong. Phoenix International Communications (PIC), have successfully made Open WebOS run on Android platform. Though it is...
It is one of the most popular videos around the web right now. Prabakaran Murugaiah, Founder & CEO of TechFetch.com is sharing the highlights of his journey from "Ambasamudram to...