trouble unistalling certain softwares

well{OS==XP}
i installed software certain of dragging them out some time later but now i have ended up loosing the unistall button in control panel>add/remove softwares!
well i dont even have uninstall software links in that software !
surprisingly softwares show up in control panel>add/remove softwares but then there is no change/uninstall button to click!
also am afraid of directly deleting them outa drive !
any way i plan a format of drive in some time from now but still am wondering if there is any way of removing them!

Replies

• LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    You can do one thing.
    Download some good uninstaller (google it you will find many),and then try to uninstall those prgrams.
    Hope this will help.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This is a good free uninstaller. Its small and can run off a USB pen drive too!
    MyUninstaller: Alternative uninstaller to the standard Windows Add / Remove module

Also, there is a class of uninstallers that monitor programs when they are first installed, like what registry changes it did etc. It's a good way to absolutely get rid of the all aspects of the program. You'd need to first tell the uninstaller to monitor the installations and stuff. I havent used it before, but it should avoid any situations of uninstallation problems youd have ๐Ÿ˜‰
    ZSoft Software: Latest News
  • th3 ied kid
    th3 ied kid
    thanks guys ur suggestions worked !
    it wasn't held up too!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    no prob! Props to LORD_EC's easy solution of just getting another uninstaller software. Didn't know that it would work. The problem sounded pretty scary ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CE has been getting tons of requests about final year project ideas/seminar topics. I personally believe that we should not be ask others for ideas & try to come...
๐Ÿ˜ Brach : Electrical engg Planet earth Student Electronics is my hobby I like this forum very much!!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
greetings all crazy engineers ๐Ÿ˜€ i am a 3rd year mechatronics engineering student and i'm taking my final year thesis next year. any suggestions on fun topics that i can...

hai

Hello friends, Well and wish you all the same. I an doing my third year in electrical engineeering...๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ˜Žhai friends i am hapy to jon in CE.hai to all CEs