1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Translate From Sanskrit To English

Question asked by ISHAN TOPRE in #Coffee Room on Nov 20, 2012
ISHAN TOPRE
ISHAN TOPRE 路 Nov 20, 2012
Rank A2 - PRO
Does anyone know how do we translate Sanskrit to English? It will take much time to do manually. Is there any application that will reduce my task? Posted in: #Coffee Room
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 Nov 20, 2012
Rank A1 - PRO
Sanskrit isn't currently supported in Google Translation Service. It's quite 'odd' considering it's grammatically perfect language. I even wonder why the language has almost vanished from the curriculum. Maybe because there aren't good Sanskrit teachers left anymore.

That said, it looks like there aren't any popular tools/services available online to do the task. Looks like manual translation is the only way to go forward. Maybe you could crowdsource the entire task and get it done faster.
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare 路 Nov 21, 2012
Rank A1 - PRO
Whoa, I googled up and I couldn't find any readymade online tool for this job. As Biggie saidIn case we have some sanskrit experts here, we can help people translate some verses here. 馃憤
The site https://spokensanskrit.de/ can be a bit useful.
In sanskrit, if multiple people are involved for translation - we will be able to land up on a near perfect conversion in English.
ISHAN TOPRE
ISHAN TOPRE 路 Nov 21, 2012
Rank A2 - PRO
The_Big_K
Sanskrit isn't currently supported in Google Translation Service.
Yes, it is odd. Although, you can write an email from your gmail account in sanskrit (devnagri script). Google offers that. But translation is not available.

AbraKaDabra
Whoa, I googled up and I couldn't find any readymade online tool for this job. As Biggie saidIn case we have some sanskrit experts here, we can help people translate some verses here. 馃憤
I want to translate a whole book. So I thought, with the help of translation tool, I can arrange the jumbled up words to form a meaningful sentence.

Looks like I have to do it manually. Thanks for the help.
rahul69
rahul69 路 Nov 21, 2012
Rank B2 - LEADER
Check this out, this may be helpful: https://www.tomedes.com/Sanskrit-translation.php
on this link on left side , select "other languages" and proceed.
ISHAN TOPRE
ISHAN TOPRE 路 Nov 21, 2012
Rank A2 - PRO
rahul69
Check this out, this may be helpful: https://www.tomedes.com/Sanskrit-translation.php
on this link on left side , select "other languages" and proceed.
The translation is not available. Plus they are asking me money. 鈽
rahul69
rahul69 路 Nov 21, 2012
Rank B2 - LEADER
Issue
The translation is not available. Plus they are asking me money. 鈽
They must be providing translation after payment, as they have to hire (manual) translators for conversion馃様, guess there is no service for free translation for sanskrit cause nobody have worked for it馃槙. Guess someday Google may come up with it馃槖, but till then...it's manual work only馃憥
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare 路 Oct 19, 2015
Rank A1 - PRO
Just posting an update here. @Issue @rahul69
In the last 3 years, there hasn't been any big change in this domain. I guess it's high time that someone develop a dedicated app or web service to do this.

I googled and found these two -
English to Sanskrit translation online & mobile | Tamilcube
Sanskrit Dictionary Online Translation LEXILOGOS >>

Anyone here knows a better solution? Please share your experience here.
Don Bosco
Don Bosco 路 Nov 19, 2015
Rank E2 - BEGINNER
I tried to get the translation of the following mathematical verse from many. No help received so far.
啶う啷嵿く啷囙さ啶啶呧い啶苦じ啷傕啷嵿し啷嵿ぎ啶冟お啶班た啶оた啶冟啶ムぎ啶距え啷囙い啷佮ざ啶曕啶い啶囙い啶苦啷囙い啷嵿啶む啶班ぞ啶啶ぞ啶оさ啶

啶氞い啷佮ぐ啷嵿き啷佮啷囙う啷嬥啶曕啶むた啶ㄠぞ啶椸き啶距啶啶侧啶灌ぐ啷, 啶灌ぞ啶班き啷佮啶距啷嵿啷嵿ぐ啶苦き啷囙う啶距い啷嵿イ

啶啶溹ぞ啶灌い啶距う啷嵿ぇ啶距ぐ啶灌啶む啶む啶曕啶`ぞ啶ㄠ啶ㄠ啶む啶掂ぞ啶掂た啶侧た啶栢啶ぞ啶粪啶熰き啷佮啶距啶啶班じ啶距ぇ啷嵿く啶距啷

啶呧し啷嵿啶距ざ啷嵿ぐ啶︵啶班ぐ啷嵿ぇ啶曕啶むた啶班啶ㄠた啶о啶ぞ啶掂啶ぞ啶膏ぞ啶班啶оさ啶班啶椸啶う啶い啷嵿ぐ啶曕ぐ啷嵿ぃ啶冟イ

啶む啶ㄠぞ啶洁そ啶灌ぐ啷囙う啷嵿う啷嬥ぐ啷嵿う啶侧さ啶班啶椸す啷啶ㄠ啶掂啶ぞ啶膏ぞ啶班啶оさ啶班啶椸く啶︵い啶冟か啶侧啶膏啶ぞ啶む啷

啶むう啷傕え啶曕ぐ啷嵿ぃ啷嬥う啶侧た啶む啶灌ぐ啶距啷嵿く啷嬥啷佮ぃ啶膏啶む啶掂た啶粪啶曕ぎ啷嵿き啶︵げ啷嬥え啶曕ぐ啷嵿ぃ啶冟イ

啶啶溹ぞ啶班啶оぎ啷囙い啷囙え啶灌い啶傕啷佮ぃ啷囙え啶灌ぐ啷囙ぃ啶啷嵿啷嵿い啷嵿さ啶距く啶︵た啶灌ぞ啶た啶侧が啷嵿ぇ啶啷

啶むい啷嵿啷嬥ぃ啶む啶ぞ啶班啶多啶掂く啷佮啷囙し啷佮え啷啶む啶掂ぞ 啶涏た啶ㄠ啶ㄠ啶洁え啷嵿い啶班啶膏啶ぞ啶︵た啶灌し啷嬥ぁ啶多ぞ啶多啶班ぎ啷嵿ゥ

啶呧え啷囙え啶ぞ啶班啶椸啶`き啶掂啶︵い啶多啶班う啶距ざ啷嵿ぐ啶曕啶掂啶む啶むぎ啶むざ啷嵿啶膏ぞ啶о啶ぎ啷嵿ゥ
Can you help?
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare 路 Nov 19, 2015
Rank A1 - PRO
I'll ask one of the Sanskrit teachers I know to translate it. Will post back with it soon.
Joseph Christie
Joseph Christie 路 Nov 21, 2015
Rank D3 - MASTER
Apparently , the task of translating Sanskrit works into English, due to lack of qualified translators, was a problem , even 200 years ago. According to Wikipedia, "Sir Charles Wilkins, KH, FRS (1749 鈥 13 May 1836), was an English typographer and Orientalist, notable as the first translator of Bhagavad Gita into English"
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare 路 Nov 21, 2015
Rank A1 - PRO
@Don Bosco I know a lady who is a Sanskrit learner and a teacher. She is looking into it. Hoping that she responds with a translation. I'll update here as soon as I get a reply from her.
Don Bosco
Don Bosco 路 Nov 22, 2015
Rank E2 - BEGINNER
Thank you. Waiting for your update.
Don Bosco
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare 路 Nov 13, 2017
Rank A1 - PRO
SpokenSanskrit.de has now become - Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I tried hitting a few words I know for sure are correct translations and it gave me really good results. Unfortunately, it can only translate words and not whole sentences. Interestingly, there have been no major improvements or new services being launched in this domain.
Eng.asish kumar
Eng.asish kumar 路 Nov 13, 2017
Rank D1 - MASTER
Go to this url and translate your words English to Tamil dictionary translation online | Tamilcube
Ashok Kumar
Ashok Kumar 路 Jun 20, 2018
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

Gatam Paapam Gatam Dukham Gatam Daaridrayamev Cha. Aagataa Sukh Sampati Punnyaani Tav Darshanaat. Devo Daataa Cha Bhoktaa Cha Devroopmidam Jagat. Devam Japati Sarvatra Yo Devah Sohamev Hi. Saadhuvaasaadhu Vaa Karma Yadhyadaacharitam Mayaa. Tat Sarvam Kripayaa Dev Grihaannaaraadhanam Mam.

Manoj Kumar
Manoj Kumar 路 Oct 5, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

Hello All,

Sanskrit is our main language of India, our all veds are written in this language. If you are looking any translation service for this language you can simply visit below link and can leave your inquery.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up