Transformer Related Question

What will happen if, a step down transformer is connected with the secondary of an step up transformer and will this loose its main property?

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    The transformer is used for changing the voltage of the supply which is applied to the primary windings. A step up transformer increases the voltage of the input and step down does the opposite. Now, individually, they just stick to their job, just like resistors do, no matter they are connected in parallel or series to anything. What they get in input is transformed(stepped up or down), whatever the conditions may be.
    Lets understand it with an example. Suppose a 33kV/440V step-down transformer is connected to the secondary of a 11/33kV step up transformer. Let us consider this as a whole system. The system will have input of 11kV and an output of 440V. Nothing else. The best way to get this output from this input is will be by using a 11kV/44oV transformer(to make the system economically viable). The property of transforming of the individual transformer never changes.
    Hope I answered to your expectation. Thank you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The gamers and graphics freaks who were sick of NVIDIA had ATI to look for. However, the rumors that AMD discontinuing ATI brand have come true. The Tech Report says...
hi, plz suggest me some mini project topic & idea for it
Why java follows Unicode? I searched through books but couldn't find a reason. Can someone explain the need of Unicode in Java. Please be elaborate in replies. Thank you.
I am using 3 Phase induction motor . When i open the terminal box terminals are identified like U1-U2,V1-V2,W1-W2. Due to short circuit i have to change the terminal box...
Following video will introduce you to Gmail's priority mailbox. It's being rolled out to standard Gmail and Google Apps over a course of week - [video=youtube;5nt3gE9dGHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nt3gE9dGHQ[/video]